• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Vintage Metal Lunchboxes

dandryvalley

Default rank <1250 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
188   0
Reaction score
My main hobby is collecting metal lunchboxes.I would say I have around 150 boxes from the 1930's till now.I have around 200 thermos' and around 30 plastic boxes.I've been collecting for 6 years and my most valuble box is a 1954 Superman.Does anyone else on here collect?Thanks for reading Danny

I don't collect 'em, but I do have mine from the mid-50's ... Has my name on it!

I remember taking it to grammer school carefully attached to the handlebars of my bicycle.
We all used to either walk or bicycle to school back then ... kids today would faint at the very thought of
walking 3 -5 miles to / from school every day ... didn't hurt me,and actually was quite a social event
that I enjoyed along with my neighborhood friends.

I grew up in an Atlanta suburb know as Grove Park ... what was then a solid blue-collar neighborhood.
Sadly, today's kids will never know or understand what I enjoyed back then!

I had a few but the one I remember best was my Yellow Submarine lunch box. I used to use it in the winter as a sled to slide down a big hill on the way to school. That thing was tough. Life was good then.

I don't collect, but this thread has me thinking about the GI Joe metal lunchbox I had in the early 80's. I still have the thermos from it but the box is long gone. I'd kinda like to find one and use it store some gun cleaning supplies or something. Where would I look for such a thing and any idea what they should go for?

EDIT: hmmm, found one on ebay for $30 +shipping. Not sure if the memory is worth that, but I'll put it on my Christmas list!
ny_image3.etsy.com_il_fullxfull.144904003.jpg

Last edited:
Funny. I thought I was the only one at my age to still cherish my lunchbox. I have a very sweet "Evil Knievel" metal lunch box proudly displayed behind glass in my home. I actually used to use it to bring my lunch to work in my 20's. And I wonder why I kept getting "laid off". I get a pic if I remember to.

Back
Top Bottom