• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Vintage Metal Lunchboxes

I don't collect, but I ran across a Charlie Brown one at a yard-sale about 4 years ago. It appears to be from the 70-80's??? My Wife was about 8MO Pregnant at the time and I thought it woud be cool to get for our Daughter to be. Now our Daughter keeps her Hairbows and Nic-Naks in it :)

I don't collect 'em, but I do have mine from the mid-50's ... Has my name on it!

I remember taking it to grammer school carefully attached to the handlebars of my bicycle.
We all used to either walk or bicycle to school back then ... kids today would faint at the very thought of
walking 3 -5 miles to / from school every day ... didn't hurt me,and actually was quite a social event
that I enjoyed along with my neighborhood friends.

I grew up in an Atlanta suburb know as Grove Park ... what was then a solid blue-collar neighborhood.
Sadly, today's kids will never know or understand what I enjoyed back then!

It's just a plain, blue painted metal box with my name and a peach painted in it.
It will likely contain my ashes and be burried with them when I am gone!

In the mid 80's a group of women [I think in Florida]pushed in courts to have metal boxes banned from alot of schools.They said that kids were getting hurt from being hit with them.I think that the last true metal box that was made was Rambo.I'm pretty sure the next box made after that came in 1990 and was made of tin.

Hi Danny, I am also a collector of vintage character Lunch boxes. I have about 76 metal and 50 plastic character boxes. Most recent one is a Gomer Pyle. Just found you here on the site and decided to reply to your comment. I really like the dome style lunch boxes like the Bozo the clown and Disney School bus. Hoping to pick up a Hogan's Heroes soon as well as a It's about time. Hit me back sometime. Would love to see some pics of your collection, Warren

while not as vintage as some of yalls.... I dug these up at my parents house from when I was a kid

1481 003.jpg

Back
Top Bottom