W t f atf

"...11.a. Are you the actual transferee/buyer of the firearm(s) listed on this form? Warning: You are not the actual buyer if you are acquiring the firearm(s) on behalf of another person. If you are not the actual buyer, the dealer cannot transfer the firearm(s)to you..."

You may purchase a firearm, with your own funds, and give it as a gift to another unprohibited person. You may Not give it as a gift to another person, if that person provided the funds to purchase or if you are purchasing the firearm under their direction. They can provide guidance, but not make the decision for you (is what's been explained to me.)

I believe you are correct. You can never buy for someone who is prohibited, but anyone can buy any gun they wish, later decide they don't like it and sell. (To someone who is legally able to own a gun-of course.)

I believe you are correct. You can never buy for someone who is prohibited, but anyone can buy any gun they wish, later decide they don't like it and sell. (To someone who is legally able to own a gun-of course.)

At least in GA, it is not the responsibility of the private seller to ensure the buyer is legally able to purchase. If you cross state lines for the sale, then federal law rules and the seller has to go through a ffl.

Back
Top Bottom