• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Wait for PM

Hypothetical question: if someone did this more than once and received negative feedback, would they be banned?

Seems like I've seen a lot of welching going on lately.

I dont think you can give negative feedback under this scenario because a deal has not been set as defined in the forum rules.

EDIT: and I dont think negative feedback gets you banned. Scammers get banned, but not flakes. SOmeone correct me if I am wrong.

I dont think you can give negative feedback under this scenario because a deal has not been set as defined in the forum rules.

EDIT: and I dont think negative feedback gets you banned. Scammers get banned, but not flakes. SOmeone correct me if I am wrong.

I'm just curious because I've seen a number of items back up for sale after a deal fell through. For example, the OP's deal was agreed upon and the buyer disappeared when it was time to meet and pony up the cash.

I'm just curious because I've seen a number of items back up for sale after a deal fell through. For example, the OP's deal was agreed upon and the buyer disappeared when it was time to meet and pony up the cash.

If they failed to show up at the meet location at the meet time, then that is clearly a negative feedback offense. But if the guy said "I'll take it" and stopped communicating before a time/location was set, then that would not be a negative feedback offense. If someone closed their ad prematurely before truly having a deal set, they cant leave negative feedback if the negotiation halts or falls apart. I generally dont close my ad before all the trade details are worked out unless I have dealt with the person before or the person has lots of good feedback.

I've had this happen twice in the past week as a buyer. Ad goes up, I say I'll take it at listed price, and seller disappears for two days, no response to PMs for time and place, then get a PM, "sorry man, piece is gone, been reallly busy" Why list at all if you are not going to monitor site and PM's. Did not give neg feedback, but very frustrating. Missed other trades waiting on nonresponsive members GRRRRR

Other than leaving negative feedback, for a no-show. Should there be a list, or place were we can list THE NO SHOWS, without calling and giving you a heads up. Leaving you standing there with your thumb securely hidden. Start a NO SHOW thread and list them all. That way you can check and see if a member is on that list......

Back
Top Bottom