• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Wait times down yet?

I would think wait times would continue to go up after 41f starts.
1) No more online options (so everything is done by hand 1's & 4's)
2) They have to log all the photos and finger prints
3) They apparently are in a hiring freeze so no new bodies to help.
4) [this may not be true] but I read they are dividing the NFA branch and having certain people focus on dealer to dealer forms, other for LE & Military, & then civilian.

So the amount of possible hands to touch our forms my decrease while the amount and length of paper work increases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have to realize that MOST people blew their wad before it went into effect. People with no intention of ever buying a can were applying. People were buying 5-6 cans in one shot just so they wouldn't have to deal with the photos and prints and they could be finish. Then HPA came on the scene and now people for sure are holding back on buying cans (most of the Form 4 submissions) so they has slowed submissions down as well. I believe that if you buy a can later this year you'll have it next spring.

You have to realize that MOST people blew their wad before it went into effect. People with no intention of ever buying a can were applying. People were buying 5-6 cans in one shot just so they wouldn't have to deal with the photos and prints and they could be finish. Then HPA came on the scene and now people for sure are holding back on buying cans (most of the Form 4 submissions) so they has slowed submissions down as well. I believe that if you buy a can later this year you'll have it next spring.

But again, that's suppressors & form 4's only. Even before the change in the process was announced, paper form 1's took longer than online form 1's.
So no matter how many form 4's there were, they never had to compete with the online 1's.
The volume of people or purchases may decrease eventually(or now)... but the length and time for physical paper work has proven to be a more lengthy task. Throw in additional necessities & it's going to be slow going.

Plus it's a new process! & it's the government. When has something that's newly implemented from those guys ever gone smoothly and worked right the first time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The loss of e-file will definitely slow tings down... but volume will be so low after the big chunk of pre-41f goes through I'd still think that we'd be seeing 30-90 day wait times again.

They need to fix 41f so that trists can keep fingerprints and photos on file. That would not be any change to the law or rules, but would speed up wait times and let e-file start up again.

Back
Top Bottom