• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New bill to reduce waiting time to 90 days or less

For those that have gone through the waiting to get you tax stamp, what background check does the ATF run that differs from a gun purchase background check or to get your Concealed Carry Permit. I do not think that my background changes in any of those scenarios!
They’re the same as far as I know except there is a fingerprint card for every transfer. Hell I had a Top Secret clearance in the Navy and a Secret with the FAA until I retired but they still want to waste time and money on every NFA transfer.

186 days on an eform 1 and they can't even tell me if anyone has even looked at it. They should at least use the database I'm already in to let us folks who already have a tax stamp to glide on through. It's deliberately inefficient.
I've been waiting on a From 1 since middle of January. My other 2 came back in about 6 weeks.

It's a waste of resources they could use to combat crime. Not many thugs are going to jump thru hoops with fingerprints.

Also, I've been waiting since February. I doubt I'll see it before January.

How about remove suppressors from the NFA and just sell them over the counter like a firearm with a standard background check? Or, maybe, without even a background check since a suppressor is not a firearm.
Wait, whut? Don Jr. was supposed to make that happen years ago! Are you telling me he couldn't get the HPA passed? The expurts here said it was as good as done!

Back
Top Bottom