• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Walmart - Remington 770 - Synthetic stock with Bushnell scope - $297.00 = Junk?

DMGun

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
213   0
Reaction score
I need some advice.

I was in Wally world yesterday and saw that they are selling Remington model 770 synthetic / blued rifles in .270, 7mm mag & 300 win mag for $297.00. It includes a Bushnell scope with rings. There is also a rebate available from Remington of $50.00 I think.

I know this will not be the greatest, but will it be a complete piece of crap that I can't hit the broadside of a barn? My fear is that remington made substandard junk for Walmart to sell in the stores.

Anyone have experience or knowledge about these.

Same thing for Mossberg 500 with synthetic stock for $227. Is it junk?

Thanks

Thats like saying the ruger 10/22s are junk just because they are sold at walmart. The production line at remington is not going to slow or lax just because items are sold at walmart. Look those firearms up, I did. Lots of people enjoy them. If it makes you feel better go to an overpriced gun store and buy the same gun for more money. Then buy the walmart one. Im willing to bet they will be the same.

that was the long answer... here is the short one ;)

No they are not junk because they are sold at walmart!

bought the 770 in a 270 bout 3 years ago , when i go hunting it's usually the first one i pick up i think i gave just a little over $300 with tax , the rebate was for ammo back then $10 of every box up to $50. for remington ammo , i didn't like the remington 700 but the 770 is far better pretty accurate

770 is a junk gun period, no matter where it is sold. If you are going to do a Remington look at a 700.

And if you dont believe me, just ask a gunsmith which they are willing to work on, a 700 or a 770.

Thanks for the info so far... I know that HP makes computers to Walmarts specs so they can sell them very cheap. I was wondering if Remington is doing the same thing. I guess I need hold and inspect one from Walmart & the local gun store and compare as advised.

Thanks for the info so far... I know that HP makes computers to Walmarts specs so they can sell them very cheap. I was wondering if Remington is doing the same thing. I guess I need hold and inspect one from Walmart & the local gun store and compare as advised.

Yep! Ive bought a few guns at walmart. Never had an issue. Guns, ammo and food are the ONLY things I will buy @ walmart. Everything else... is junk.

hold both and come back and tell me which one has a sloppy bolt on it 700 will feel all loose when you move the bolt like it could fall out by itself , the 770 don't ,smooth ,clean sliding action i have both the 770 was better IMO maybe an older model, i mean real older model but do not buy one of those gray colored guns they where mass produced for sales

I need some advice.

I was in Wally world yesterday and saw that they are selling Remington model 770 synthetic / blued rifles in .270, 7mm mag & 300 win mag for $297.00. It includes a Bushnell scope with rings. There is also a rebate available from Remington of $50.00 I think.

I know this will not be the greatest, but will it be a complete piece of crap that I can't hit the broadside of a barn? My fear is that remington made substandard junk for Walmart to sell in the stores.

Anyone have experience or knowledge about these.

Same thing for Mossberg 500 with synthetic stock for $227. Is it junk?

Thanks

i may look into my wally world for one of those when they start stocking guns again! I need something besides my AK to hunt with. It does not have to be great... my ranges are 20-40 yards.

Back
Top Bottom