• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

WASR question

I don’t buy ak’s I build um

Attachments

• 0F31E604-97D1-4D39-AE9F-CA29491DA8EB.jpeg
    0F31E604-97D1-4D39-AE9F-CA29491DA8EB.jpeg
    81.1 KB · Views: 38
Adding to the suggestions already mentioned, check the charging handle and see if it hangs up or glides home freely after you bring it to the rear. If it is hanging up from the rear most position, the gas block is probably out of line with the piston, or the receiver is not true and could cause problems down the road. Although I had a WASR years ago that did this slightly and it never once malfunctioned through a few thousand rounds.

The WASR is a military grade AK and a good rifle. $400 is a solid deal if it isn't a complete pile of garbage.

I would like to see more prices like this on the AK's. 10 years ago AK's were cheap and Ar's were expensive. Now it is just the opposite.

If you lived need me I could press the front sight off use my jig to repopulate the barrel and then you would be forced to center the side post because walla no more canted sight

Always good to see more Columbus folks around here ! Welcome to the forum ! :thumb:
Back to the OP, I concur with the majority, as long as it's not a jacked-up heap, $400 is a killer deal in today's market, even for a somewhat sloppier older model. (I've been through several older WASR's, and every one ran flawlessly, and was acceptably straight and well built).

(BTW, "walla" is actually spelled "voila". Sorry, I couldn't resist !! :becky: )

Back
Top Bottom