• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

WATCH YOURSELVES

BDR1

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
184   0
Reaction score
Just as the title says WATCH YOURSELVES.. a lot of theives , scammers, low life’s around this place now.... it’s gotten to where you can’t even give a person a 2nd chance around here hardly anymore... tried to do a deal for 2 days with this dude and everything I suggested as a meet place wasn’t good enough for him.. then he starts this business of shipping.. he has negs from good members and thinks I’ll ship him mine 1st then he SHOULD BE ABLE TO SHIP HIS PRETTY FAST.. no way Jose.. FO

Just a heads up is all all I’m trying to give other members.. his ad says NO HE IS NOT WILLING TO SHIP.. IF SOMETHING DONT SEEM RIGHT RIGHT WALK AWAY

Of course. If you have a gut feeling something isn't right, I walk away. And if the price/trade value is very extremely low, it might be a scam. This is what the feedback system was put in place for, but it's not perfect.

I made a deal with a member with 0 feedback today, perfect. Nice young man. However , for every one like the gentleman today there are many rock heads.
It’s a shame. One of the things I have so enjoyed @ ODT is the General integrity of its members. I have met a lot of good folks!

Thanks OP a good reminder not everyone is one of us.

Just as the title says WATCH YOURSELVES.. a lot of theives , scammers, low life’s around this place now.... it’s gotten to where you can’t even give a person a 2nd chance around here hardly anymore... tried to do a deal for 2 days with this dude and everything I suggested as a meet place wasn’t good enough for him.. then he starts this business of shipping.. he has negs from good members and thinks I’ll ship him mine 1st then he SHOULD BE ABLE TO SHIP HIS PRETTY FAST.. no way Jose.. FO

So the guys name is Jose?

Come on man I said I would meet you at the end of your driveway and that wasn’t good enough for you. Lol jk. Yeah I have been seeing a lot more scammers here lately.

It was a trade gone sideways.. guy thought I was gullible like the other people he ripped off.. no matter what meet place I offered that wasn’t good enough for him.. he basically wanted me to bring him the trade .. when he figured out that wasn’t happening, he wanted to ship the trade item.. I told him that wasn’t happening because I always put my hands on what I’m looking for... I said if I DECIDE TO SHIP ID LET HIM KNOW.. he got all giddy then& then sent me his address and then said WHEN HE RECEIVED MY TRADE HE SHOULD BE ABLE TO PRETTY QUICKLY SEND ME HIS.. I told him the trade offer is off the table.. all along in his ad it says HE IS NOT WILLING TO SHIP.. I’m just saying always cover your your bases and watch out for yourself.. especially if the other guy has less than a stellar performance record.. I tried giving him the benefit of doubt.. but he is what he is.. I felt like I’d get ripped off and I walked away

Back
Top Bottom