• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Water Heater Failure----HELP

Yikes, when that Poly goes (and it will) this water heater issue will seem like a cup of spilled milk. When was that house built? Were you a party to the class action or the previous owner?

I am on with Lowes trying to get the refund... I need to check with Home Depot...
20 years old. The class action required that you had leaks. We tried but got zip because we never had a leak... What a mess:mad:

I am on with Lowes trying to get the refund... I need to check with Home Depot...
20 years old. The class action required that you had leaks. We tried but got zip because we never had a leak... What a mess:mad:
Man, I'm sorry to hear that because as you know, you are sitting on a time bomb. FYI it is much cheaper/easier to replace BEFORE there is a collapse than afterwards. Might be at least worth getting some quotes. I realize at the moment you have more pressing issues but if you are going to be talking to plumbers anyway...

The saga continues... I called 5 different Pluming companies. 1 refused the job because of the poly pipe 2 would take it without a warranty, 1 said they would get back to me, and the last one which I took was Home Depot with the company they farm it out to. Installation is warranted for 1 year, 9 year warranty 40 gallon gas heater, expansion tank(required by code) and yes they pull permits and the inspector will be on site at a later date.... It will cost me $100 more then Lowes. $902. Lowes can kiss my fat hairy ass.....:mad:

Blue poly.
Oh no.
A time bomb indeed.
Nope not blue poly. Gray stuff with little copper fitting. But still had a class action suit.
To get anything in the class action you had to have 2 previous failure verified
by a plumber and repairs taken. We had none as all of my neighbors.
So we got zilch.

Yes it is but I'm an old Bubblehead. Even though I was on a nuke we would still stink of diesel perfume:D I've gone 2 weeks without a shower (a bet)
We had a TM striker that went nearly 52 days. He was duct taped and thrown in the shower.

Sorry to read about your misfortune my friend. Mine went out roughly eight months ago. Not a lot of fun.

As for not cleaning yourself. I am just glad that we don't have a deal today, or tomorrow. lol

Back
Top Bottom