Wax Slug / Hot Glue Slug / Next Gen ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowman3861

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
195   0
Reaction score
Ok been playing around with wax slugs and the result was very good, but after a while it became Meh!
Gotta be a better way?
Started watching vids of Hot glue slugs and "Bamm" This is even better.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLC8cgS_xBk.
But here is what Im seeing, first off it's messy, second both have to have a heat source to make.
And third there is a problem with weight to wax /glue ratio when trying to stay in a 1oz to 1+oz.
Sooooo, this will be my next test.
One of those,(Dont try this at home) things.lol
I see all of these guys dumping all the shot into the mix as a stew. So here is my theory.
Gorrila glue and Shot 1 to 1 mix ratio.??? I will save the 1oz of shot and mix with the glue.
As Gorrila does expand and the shot being heavier than the glue, in theory the glue will expand up and out to a crisp resin, making it easy to trim.
Heat buildup during setup time shouldn't be any more than hot wax or hot glue witch is very hot.
Once again in theory,lol
Thinking on this is a easy cold mix in the field or wherever you may be without needing a source of heat and mess to make it.
I cant be the only one who has thought of this, so if so please let me know what your outcome was.
Not that it will stop me from doing my owne test,lol

Last edited:
I want to see the results but I ain't gonna be the first to try it:becky:

LMAO! I mean think about it cant be any different than the hot glue, Im going to do one to see if It expands in diameter, however it shouldnt as there is no resistance and the least path would be up and out.
And with Gorrila glue you wouldn fill it to the top with glue ,but let the glue consume the shot as it rises up.

Hate to pop your bubble but I'm afraid that might be just a wee too brittle to hold up. I have heard of using hot glue sticks on a primed 45acp case with no powder and shooting that however I would not do that. Please be careful.

Wouldn't the Gorilla glue expand both vertically and slightly outward? Could it expand enough to warp the shell tube?

Cool Idea but like other members have said PLEASE be careful.

45,38,any case,stick em in paraffin wax over primered cases .We use to choot em all the time,Hell to clean though

Hate to pop your bubble but I'm afraid that might be just a wee too brittle to hold up. I have heard of using hot glue sticks on a primed 45acp case with no powder and shooting that however I would not do that. Please be careful.

Always careful, I have used alot harder compounds like Loctight and a few others in the sign ind, and Gorrila glue never seemed to have the hardness as those, so If you see no further post from me, or one that you cant make out, it just means Im learning
how to type with my toes,lol
Hell even the guy that invented Nitro at some point blew himself up,right?
Somebody has to be first. You know the famous last words........."Hey yall watch this" :crazy:

Wouldn't the Gorilla glue expand both vertically and slightly outward? Could it expand enough to warp the shell tube?

Cool Idea but like other members have said PLEASE be careful.

Thats what I want to find out, I will use a micrometer before its filled and after, plus let it cure in a safe area just incase.
Trust me I will be careful.
But if this works ,think about it all you would need is the glue in your bugout bag, and thats it.
No need for a torch or any thing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom