• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wax Slug / Hot Glue Slug / Next Gen ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats what I want to find out, I will use a micrometer before its filled and after, plus let it cure in a safe area just incase.
Trust me I will be careful.
But if this works ,think about it all you would need is the glue in your bugout bag, and thats it.
No need for a torch or any thing else.

I think it is a great concept especially considering you are using one item for multiple purposes (Glue) which certainly can cut down on weight, but how would you re-load in the field on the move?

That gorilla glue IS going to stick to the shell casing, causing increased pressures. You could lose a gun or worse......a life.

Thought about that as well, but the hot glue sticks also.
I will extract it after it cures to see if its even possable to get out.
If need be I can put the gun in a fixed jig vise and trigger it with a cord.

I think it is a great concept especially considering you are using one item for multiple purposes (Glue) which certainly can cut down on weight, but how would you re-load in the field on the move?

Good point, it would have to cure over night at best I would think.
Althow G-glue does setup pretty quick.

Thought about that as well, but the hot glue sticks also.
I will extract it after it cures to see if its even possable to get out.
If need be I can put the gun in a fixed jig vise and trigger it with a cord.

Just keep in mind, all of the hot glue that I've ever used is kind of waxy, and doesn't stick like gorilla glue. Maybe if you wipe the inside of the case with oil it would help???

Just keep in mind, all of the hot glue that I've ever used is kind of waxy, and doesn't stick like gorilla glue. Maybe if you wipe the inside of the case with oil it would help???

Thanks I will keep that in mind, if not oil maybe a little Vaseline or grease.
Good thinking man, that way it has nothing to stick to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom