• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wax Slug / Hot Glue Slug / Next Gen ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the door breaching rounds with the ceramic pellets made kinda like that?

And since it's not rifled how do they get into stay accurate?

Funny you should bring that up.
Yesterday I picked up 4 boxes of breaching loads with the intent of cutting them open to see how it works.
I had even thought about making a load out of exhaust sealer because when it cures its nothing more than a ceramic chunk.
The goal here is to be able to carry one item with you in a BOB that you can make a load out of that dosn't require heat or electricity to be able to make it.
Many moons ago My Father and uncle went to a turkey shoot and got the bright idea to put STP oil treatment down the barrel of the shotgun to get the shot to stay together.
Result was, they blew the post in half and both of them were covered in burnt oil due to a loose breach on the gun.
They ended up with a new shade of skin and were disqualified without saying,lol

We should add a forum called "Hey y'all, watch this!" or Double Dog Dares or some such thing.

While I appreciate your tinkerer spirit, I don't see any benefit for the risk other than you get to talk about it with all us awesome people on the ODT.

We should add a forum called "Hey y'all, watch this!" or Double Dog Dares or some such thing.

While I appreciate your tinkerer spirit, I don't see any benefit for the risk other than you get to talk about it with all us awesome people on the ODT.

Yup you posted without reading the OP didn't you.
I just got back from the gunsmith talking about this and he being X military thinks its a great idea.
And added that not only would the Gorilla glue be used for that, but also as a dressing to stop bleeding of wounds.
So now it would have two uses.
So maybe you should stay on the carpet if this is too rough for you.
Lead follow or get the hell out of the way, you know the drill.

Yup you posted without reading the OP didn't you.
I just got back from the gunsmith talking about this and he being X military thinks its a great idea.
And added that not only would the Gorilla glue be used for that, but also as a dressing to stop bleeding of wounds.
So now it would have two uses.
So maybe you should stay on the carpet if this is too rough for you.
Lead follow or get the hell out of the way, you know the drill.

Actually, I read every post in the thread before posting. Trust me, I'm content to get the hell out of the way on this one. To my original point - what is the point? I can buy commercially made shotgun shells that do anything from cause death to start a fire. In all seriousness, what is the point of these home made shells?

Actually, I read every post in the thread before posting. Trust me, I'm content to get the hell out of the way on this one. To my original point - what is the point? I can buy commercially made shotgun shells that do anything from cause death to start a fire. In all seriousness, what is the point of these home made shells?

For every plan you should have a backup plan.
If you should God forbid end up in a SHTF situation and you could NOT buy said loads of your choice.
And all you have at the ready are standerd field loads ,say #6 or 7.5 or#8 and you needed to have something that will deliver knock down punch i.e.large game to eat or worse another human that has you out gunned?
With this you could creat a round without needing any other elements to do so.
Its is part of a survival inventory to make the most from very little.

For every plan you should have a backup plan.
If you should God forbid end up in a SHTF situation and you could NOT buy said loads of your choice.
And all you have at the ready are standerd field loads ,say #6 or 7.5 or#8 and you needed to have something that will deliver knock down punch i.e.large game to eat or worse another human that has you out gunned?
With this you could creat a round without needing any other elements to do so.
Its is part of a survival inventory to make the most from very little.

Fair enough. Carry on (but wear protection!).

Fair enough. Carry on (but wear protection!).

Thank you, and believe me if Im going to "fornakate" myself I wil wear protection.
Im wide open to ideas here, and was hopeing somone else had thought of this as well.
If it works we all can benefit from it, as a backup.
I may run into problems with a cure rate with the glue or any number of problems and have to go back to the drawing board.
But if I dont try it than how are we to know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom