• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Weapons and Ammo Storage Question

Redneck1919

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
46   0
Reaction score
Have been reading these forums for quite a while, but first post.

May be a silly idea but would like to know if it would be practical to vacuum seal ammo and maybe a well oiled pistol using a foodsaver machine, with dessicant included. Would it prevent rust since air and water could not get inside. Would place in pvc underground. Has anyone tried this?

Thanks in advance,
Jim

First off, welcome to the trader!
I have a friend who does this with ammo. I guess it keeps it dry and safe from the elements. Have seen some gun parts oiled and sealed but never a whole gun. I will say this, I have taken ammo off of the shelf in my garage after 10 yrs of sitting and it still perfomed as well as new. If you plan on burying it, for whatever reason, I would think it should be protected somehow.

First off, welcome to the trader!
I have a friend who does this with ammo. I guess it keeps it dry and safe from the elements. Have seen some gun parts oiled and sealed but never a whole gun. I will say this, I have taken ammo off of the shelf in my garage after 10 yrs of sitting and it still perfomed as well as new. If you plan on burying it, for whatever reason, I would think it should be protected somehow.

Thank you

I used a foodsaver to vacuum pack wild game. that is a great idea. If you were to well oil it - vacuum pack and then seal in a pvc pipe that sucker would last 100 years...

Back
Top Bottom