Weirdest things people have found in the woods

In the 1950's some folks found a cannon ball near Westview Cemetery, and took it home, they put it in a fire place to burn the rust and crud off it. It went off and killed one, this happened about 3 doors down from a friend of mine. I've found Minnie balls in my back field. GA is full of ordinance ..Just be careful with cannon balls ..
my dad told me the big thing to worry about finding in the 50s and 60s was blasting caps. all the I75 and other interstate projects going on at the time

Reactions: MRH
Cherokee spear head. Single shot 12 guage beyond repair. Remnants of a still with lots of Karo syrup bottles around for some reason. Bliss.

Was hunting down in Leesburg one day when I was about 12, and I heard rustling in the bushes. I thought it was gotime and a deer was coming. NOOOPE it was a slender black silhouette with a long tail. From what I assume it was a cougar or what not but I never, ever ever went back to that spot. It still gives me chills when I think of that...thing.

We found a doll with the arms and legs ripped off and the eyes burned out. My brother screwed it into the side of my hunting blind and we call my blind "the doll house"...It is eerie to look at. I have a pic around here somewhere.

my dad told me the big thing to worry about finding in the 50s and 60s was blasting caps. all the I75 and other interstate projects going on at the time

Oh yeah our old hunting property was a dynamite storage location. There were a couple of old tractor trailers up there with blasting caps in them. Rattlesnakes too. Pick your poison. We had it all. Some of the old timers around here still call it "Dynamite Hill".

In the mid 1970's I was hunting with my cousin a little south of hiawasee . We topped a ridge and started down into a hollow and there was a moonshine still with the fire still burning under it. Whoever was tending it must have heard us coming and took off. Needless to say, so did we.......as fast as we could go

Found an old car (30s or 40s), nose down in an old well , down in northeast Meriwether county .

Caught a man an woman playing on one side of the car :) ,while their kid played on the other .

Found lots of liquor stills over the years .

Found a stash of archery\ hunting gear ,where trespassers had left it for next time . .. next time never came :0)

Back
Top Bottom