• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Weirdest things people have found in the woods

not really found but me and my buddies went out to an old pre colonial abandon town in CT called Dudleytown, and been to numerous torrie prisons from the revolution

My grandfather had leased 58 acres of land from the Mead paper company in Merriweather county to hunt whitetail years ago. We used to walk the land to scout new places to hunt. In one day, we came across a small, forgotten cemetery enclosed in an iron fence, a horseshoe from civil war Calvary, and a huge mound of rocks that had been covered with vegetation over time. He thinks it was some sort of Indian burial ground. It was at least 100 yards long and maybe 5 foot high and 8 foot across, and very cool to a 13 year old boy! It is times like those that are my most cherished of memories.

Stumbled across a family cemetery back in the 80's, trying to find a back way in to the Loganville rock quarry. To the left were large graves stones from the 1860s-1890s, to the right were small unmarked slate stones, their slaves/servants perhaps? Went back to find it a few years back and a home sits where I remember it being.

while hunting in dahlonega behind the army ranger's camp we find machine gun clips and casings all the time and i have on my hunting vest a backwards american flag patch that came off one of them, i sat down tired of walking and sat right beside the patch laying on the ground in the middle of nowhere.

i use to fish around that area.old farmer clains an attack helocopter blew his barn up with a missle.

Stumbled across a family cemetery back in the 80's, trying to find a back way in to the Loganville rock quarry. To the left were large graves stones from the 1860s-1890s, to the right were small unmarked slate stones, their slaves/servants perhaps? Went back to find it a few years back and a home sits where I remember it being.

was it near the large hole or smaller,if you want i can try and find out what they did with the cemetary. Have a few friends in building and zoning they would know

OK, this may not qualify but its the strangest to me. Was hunting in Greenville on club property that overlooked a clearing on public land. Two men, rifles orange vest etc. came walking into the clearing about 50 yards from me. One looks around a says to the other "this looks good" They then turned on a portable radio, spread out a blanket and began making out. I din't think those two whitetails looked good mounted so I left the woods.

Holy S***

Back
Top Bottom