Weirdest things people have found in the woods

Good Post, Growing up in the northwest my best friend and I spent a lot of time exploring the the woods around us and we often found strange stuff. One day we were trying to cut a new trail to some beaver ponds that we used to hunt and fish on and I stepped on a concrete pad. We cleared the moss off of the pad and found it to be a Put Put golf hole. After a couple weeks of work we uncovered a complete 18 hole put put golf course. Word was, the land owners had plans to develop an amusement park and went broke..LOL, this was 60 miles north of seattle in the 70s out in the middle of nowhere..We had our own put put golf course, we were kings!

We also found stills and grow ops, Gold mines, nothing beat the 500 acres of beaver ponds we had all to ourselves to fish and hunt, Paradise!

i39.tinypic.com_2cehiki.jpg
i44.tinypic.com_242aj2x.jpg
its an old cannon ball factory and the next pic is a old coffin factory
i41.tinypic.com_15oi747.jpg
i40.tinypic.com_23mro7c.jpg

Where were these finds at?

While hunting in Dahlonega behind the army ranger's camp we find machine gun clips and casings all the time and I have on my hunting vest a backwards american flag patch that came off one of them, I sat down tired of walking and sat right beside the patch laying on the ground in the middle of nowhere.
It's wild when I'm back there shooting or riding the dual sport and you'll just come upon a whole platoon of rangers. The real fun is when it's really dry and I get to dust my old ROTC buddies off the roads back there lol

About 15 years ago I was driving a dozier, planting pine trees in a clear cut, in Perry, Fl. I came across about 400 "little green plants" in tomato trays, about 6-8" tall. No one around for miles I thought, but when I went back that night to, well, hum, anyway, they were gone.

Found an abandoned airstream and homemade airstrip in Chickaloon, AK...apparently the bush pilots abandoned it in favor of other, more civilized airstrips...but it's still there with a radio and everything in the Airstream...eerie.

Moonshine bottle off 53 E of Jasper. A racoon walking straight down a tree from one of the highest branches, a squirrel that was paralyzed crawling along with his front legs, surely breathing one of his last breaths. One of the weirdest things to me was when I was hunting about 25 ft. high in a deer stand I noticed a 4" square box hanging from white twine way up high in a tree. On the way back to the truck I noticed a rubbery, white mass and a brittle orange plastic that had fallen on the forest floor. The next day was my last day to hunt so after I came out of the tree in the late morning, I used my Gerber bone/wood saw and cut down a dead pine tree that was thin but still about 25+ feet long. I entangled the end of the tree in the lines that the box was suspended from and pulled it down. It was a weather balloon that had been sent up from Kansas about two years earlier.

Back
Top Bottom