• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Weirdest things people have found in the woods

In Monroe, Georgia, an abandoned moonshine still which had been "axed." Apparently it was before they started using glass bottles because there were at least 40-50 "almost rusted away" metal gallon containers. There was a single small ax mark in each can that hadn't rusted away. I'd say the revenuers did the axing.

no road around for miles
i41.tinypic.com_b9ds8k.jpg
i42.tinypic.com_rvcc45.jpg

a mentally handicaped girl on national forest land turkey hunting she been missing 2 weeks

I have coon hunted all my life so I have run across some weird stuff out there in the middle of the night. I was at a night hunt up next to Knoxville,TN. about 8 years ago we turned the dogs loose they went about a mile and struck a hot track then it sounded like they were treed in a metal barrel. We get almost to them and have to crawl under the best chain link fence I have ever seen. I laid down on my belly and crawl under the fence and when I put my hands down to help my tired butt get up. They went into a half rotten human body. We all got to looking around and they were about a hundred or so bodies lying around some of them was rolled up in carpet. Come to find out after the swat team and every other cop in the area showed up that we had entered into the University of Tennessee body farm where they research on how the human body decays under certain conditions. Still have nightmares about that night.

When I was about 10 or 11 years old I was with a church group on a camping trip (can't remember where) and me and some buddies went off exploring in the woods and we found a whole case of 7.62mm NATO blanks. We all split them up evenly between us and took em' home without telling the preacher or our parents. One of my friends and I took a box of 20 and punched out the little red wad and emptied the powder into a pile and ran a line of powder about 2 feet long then lit it and backed off about 20 feet..........It made the brightest white fireball I had ever seen with a small mushroom cloud and all I could see for about a half hour was that white fireball! LOL! We used the rest to burn up ant hills, model cars, & Hot Wheels.

I have coon hunted all my life so I have run across some weird stuff out there in the middle of the night. I was at a night hunt up next to Knoxville,TN. about 8 years ago we turned the dogs loose they went about a mile and struck a hot track then it sounded like they were treed in a metal barrel. We get almost to them and have to crawl under the best chain link fence I have ever seen. I laid down on my belly and crawl under the fence and when I put my hands down to help my tired butt get up. They went into a half rotten human body. We all got to looking around and they were about a hundred or so bodies lying around some of them was rolled up in carpet. Come to find out after the swat team and every other cop in the area showed up that we had entered into the University of Tennessee body farm where they research on how the human body decays under certain conditions. Still have nightmares about that night.

My Dad lived in Sevierville, Tn. till he died and told me about that place, sounded creepy as hell to me.

When I was a kid I used to hunt in the Alleganey National Forest. I remember walking for what seemed like miles in the middle of nowhere, then come up on about a 3 inch or so pipe line about knee high. If you followed them one way you would come up on the old oil wells usually had all the old equipment just rusting away. Follow it the other way and you would come out on one of the logging roads where the trucks would fill up. Rule of thumb was if you got lost find a pipe line and follow it.

Back
Top Bottom