• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Well... finally time to grow up... no more Toys R Us

Kids don't play with toys. They play with electronics now.

True that.
But I bought probably a dozen game systems & remote control cars and dozens of video game cartidges from Nintendo (& game boys) Coleco Vision to Xbox 360's... 60 years is a long time... I don't remember shopping there as a kid but I sure remember shopping there for my kids and grandkids...

Walmart, Amazon; death knell for many.

And that's exactly what happened. Both of them put a hurting on Toys R Us.

Toys R Us prices didn't help either. They were high priced, and outrageous on some items. I am sad to see them go, especially because my son loves the place, but my wallet will look a little better.

True that.
But I bought probably a dozen game systems & remote control cars and dozens of video game cartidges from Nintendo (& game boys) Coleco Vision to Xbox 360's... 60 years is a long time... I don't remember shopping there as a kid but I sure remember shopping there for my kids and grandkids...

Probably because when you were a kid Toys "R" Us did not exist as we know it now. Toys "R" Us started in 1957 as Children's Bargin Town located in Chicago. There was one in walking distance from my house when I was growing up and I spent a lot of time there. Tons and tons toys.
https://pleasantfamilyshopping.blogspot.com/2008/06/bargain-town-is-now-toys-r-us.html?m=1

The one in Kennesaw was a dump, or at least it has been since I've been buying toys for my daughters, which started 13 years ago. Needless to say, we didn't frequent it that often unless we just absolutely had to.

Back
Top Bottom