• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Wellstar/Piedmont extortion

My wife is in need of surgery on her leg due to improper setting of a break in 2018. Her surgery was scheduled for this past December, which was great because we had already met deduct, and max out of pocket. It has been rescheduled twice, and is now set up for tomorrow....We got the extortion call a few minutes ago stating we will have to pay $2348.00 up front or they won’t do the surgery...Does everybody have that kind of cash sitting around in your account just after CHRISTmas? I damn sure don’t.

I'll show up with a cnote tomorrow to help you because I want to.

A few more folks and it's done ! Please don't tell me no . It's my good pleasure to help out ;0)

Anybody got any good hospital experiences?

I was in Kennestone for 5 days in 2019 with my heart and they were good as far as treatment and bedside manner goes. 5 day stay including a heart cath was 45k.

I’ve told my 14 year old son to go into the medical field.... lots of money to be made and definitely a secure job for life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spent 5 weeks there in 2012. My wife was on bedrest (couldnt keep the twins in). We had a fantastic stay/experience.... AND The bill was more than reasonable, but that was before Obamacare.

We went to Piedmont because, well, they weren’t Wellstar. The doctor she decided on just happened to be a Piedmont surgeon...Wellstar and Piedmont have recently merged....
I'm very sorry for what you are going through. Hopefully the surgery went well and your wife is on the road to feeling better. As an aside, Wellstar and Piedmont are two separate organizations and have not merged.

I'm very sorry for what you are going through. Hopefully the surgery went well and your wife is on the road to feeling better. As an aside, Wellstar and Piedmont are two separate organizations and have not merged.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiPpoSIjJruAhVHu1kKHdAVBWEQFjADegQIBBAC&url=https://www.ajc.com/business/piedmont-wellstar-announce-partnership/4b7ZOgaalVGyaijBuUv8wJ/&usg=AOvVaw1d9BlzKZ-3RZhaNY0qsycL

Article dated 2012......JOINED TOGETHER then....may not be now

IMO, Wellstar/Piedmont is a money making organization that plowed all its money into revenue making equipment, billing processes, and worker attention to getting something billable against the patient's insurance. If I were you I'd go to another hospital that isn't part of their network...
I totally agree and don't put it off!

Me and United Healthcare spent over 200K in 2020....And this is 3 years after total prostate removal, well, except for that little tiny piece of cancer they left in there, that GREW...

My wife is in need of surgery on her leg due to improper setting of a break in 2018. Her surgery was scheduled for this past December, which was great because we had already met deduct, and max out of pocket. It has been rescheduled twice, and is now set up for tomorrow....We got the extortion call a few minutes ago stating we will have to pay $2348.00 up front or they won’t do the surgery...Does everybody have that kind of cash sitting around in your account just after CHRISTmas? I damn sure don’t.
Geezer, good luck with your bride's surgery. prayers said for your wife and you.

Back
Top Bottom