• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Went and applied for our CCW permit.........

airx22

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
10   0
Reaction score
My wife and I went and got our permits today in Cobb Co and it took right at 2 hours. There were mostly women there getting permits and the lady told us they had never been that busy. Just curious,those that carry do you carry every day and everywhere that you go ? My thoughts were to carry when going into Atlanta/ares that I consider questionable and situations that are again questionable. What do some of you guys do ?

Would you like to provide protection for yourself and your wife some of the time or all of the time? Carry always (where it is legal). I don't really go to places I can't CC. Congrats to you and your wife for applying for them. Just make sure you and your wife practice often and take a class. It's great information and will better prepare you if you ever have to defend yourself and your family.

Absolutely! That's why you get a ccw permit. Exercise your right to and protect yourself, cause you'll never know what will happen from day to day.

Word, carrying a weapon is a "Lifestyle" not a fashion statement to just carry whenever you "Think" you might need it bro.

I carry everywhere I'm allowed, and try to stay away from places that restrict firearms.

After a short while it becomes habit and will become normal to you, the first few weeks may feel a little weird. Get training, practice, gameplay in your mind scenarios and how you think you would react.

A quick safety tip- Do not play with your gun/ show it off. Keep it holstered unless you need it and don't hesitate if you do. A ton of accidents with guns come when holstering/ reholstering, so keep it under wraps unless you need it.

All great advice thanks to everyone. I've grown up with guns and do practice regularly just never thought I needed a cc permit but the way things are going and having a young son I felt this was the right decision. Also picked up a gen 4 glock 26 for my wife and a compact m&p .40 for myself. Gonna take'm to the range in the morning. Sharpshooters in roswell .....nice place in my opinion.

I never wake up in the morning and say to myself, "I think I will carry my pistol today.."
Carrying my weapon is as natural as putting on my socks and shoes in the mornings.
I ALWAYS have a pistol in my vehicle while I'm driving, and I also carry a Ruger LCP in my pocket at ALL TIMES! (except church, lodge, and my kids' schools)
You NEVER know when a situation may arise! As a matter of fact, there was a young man shot and killed just minutes from my house last night at a local car wash. He was washing his truck after doing a little off roading, and was found shot in the car wash stall right beside his truck. Too sad. I feel if that was me in that situation, I had two chances at reaching for my weapon....my vehicle (which a keep the gun between the two front seats).....and my pocket. (if the suspect was demanding money, I would tell them that I had money in my front pocket, and surprise the hell out of them!) I hope I NEVER have to use deadly force, but it is MY right to protect myself and my family, and there is no way that I would NOT have a weapon on me...EVER! Sorry to be long winded, but I think you should exercise YOUR right to keep and bear arms as well. IT IS YOUR RIGHT!!!

Back
Top Bottom