• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Were you caught with your pants down?

Fortunately my better half (huge emphasis on ‘better’ ) is very woke to the world. She has been on top of this prepping stuff for a decade now.
We are in a good position as long as we dont have to bug out.
That is my next major thing....get a much better vehicle for the bug out situation and a place to go. The place to go is the biggie. :cool-new:
I am in no way saying i don’t appreciate what we have and how well we are set for the quarantine scenario. I just feel we can always better ourselves.
Gotta stay woke. Some unnamed folks be creepin'

I was pretty much ready but I live alone now so I don't have to stock as much stuff. My daughter and her husband are next door so I kind of keep that in mind in prepping. Fortunately she is pretty good at keeping aware of situations even though her husband is pretty much useless. I sure didn't have to rush out to buy TP, paper towels or napkins.

We usually donate a lot of our extra/stash to the local food bank every January and this did catch us off a little. I was able to restock and have plenty. I didn't realize how hard it would be to find powdered milk, even though I hate it after having to drink it as a kid. The wife insists we have a water supply and to appease her we have always kept a 150 gallon tank in the basement. Found a boat load of Lysol wipes at Walmart early and only bought one pack, went back 10 hours later and they were all gone. Wish we had gotten into canning but at my age I'm not going to start now.

I was caught by the lack of TP and pet food. I found TP eventually at Target and gas stations, had to order pet food online and now well stocked up. Food, Clothing, guns n ammo, medical supplies I've had 90 days worth on hand for a very long time. I did donate some medical masks and supplies to some nurses I know (not all of it).

Just a noob question as I have not reconciled what happens when SHTF. I have adult kids and 2 grandkids in Atlanta. I have animals I love. My neighborhood is full of families with various ages of kids. I cannot support the whole area but neither could I let then starve if it really came to that nor do I have a place I could sneak off to. If you decide to shelter in place what happens when the neighbors look to you for guidance ( too late of course).

I guess the answer is "I don't know" since despite the panic, we haven't run out of anything. Since I don't have a 'stash' of anything really (just a couple of emergency Moutain House cases) and despite the media hype the stores aren't REALLY out of anything permanently, we haven't gone without a thing. :noidea: Having said that, I'd love to have a room where I could go a point and say "There is everything needed for 90 days in this room." But I don't.... :mmph:

Back
Top Bottom