• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Were you caught with your pants down?

I have plenty of everything - BUT

I use to have a big garden every year. I could get 3 crops out of the same area. I 'd get so much, I had to learn how to can.
I enjoyed canning and putting fresh stuff on the shelf, it's sort of like stacking silver coins, lol.

But in those days I only had a 3 day work week and plenty of time to enjoy looking after the veggies.

Somehow after retiring I ended up in a job that's 5,6 or sometimes 7 days a week, so there's no time for the garden.
I wish I had a garden again, it would be a great time for it, fresh veggies without going to the store.
Grocery stores make me uncomfortable now, empty shelves is not something I'm use to seeing in this country.
It reminds me of being in a poor country overseas....
It's not "HOME".
Today I planted sweet corn, pole beans, bush beans, pumpkins, spaghetti squash and cantaloupes. I already have yellow squash, zucchini, tomatoes, peppers, onions, lettuce, carrots and cucumbers coming up, my potatoes just broke ground and sweet potato slips will be here next week. I plan on doing a lot of extra canning this summer.

I had Water, food ammo guns and other supplies, but where I fell short was having a Tent for anyone coming to my house to isolate themselves, I found a decent 10 person tent at Wal-Mart yesterday. The Coronavirus Epidemic took me by surprise. I'm also shocked that so many of my Gun friends don't have a proper amount of ammo for there guns. But, call me asking for ammo. I also had 1 of my Prep buddies actually freaking out over the shortage of everything, I told him we have Water n Power our country is just fine.

Oh man, I cant tell you how many people with guns i know who cant shoot for **** or have more than 250 rounds for any of their guns. a few guys i know dont have enough ammo for six mags despite being "on the level" about SHTF

I started prepping around the Obungo years. gave up in 2018-2019 because i was disillusioned with it/ thought it was a waste of money. But i didnt get rid of anything really important

Bad:
-No water storage vessels
-No berky
-No full face PPE for Significant other
-no lisol ( never use it to be honest)
-very short on lisol wipes
-No full seal goggles
I was able to pick up a few cans of spray and wipes as it was escalating in FEB. I really wish i would of grabbed more masks when i could of but, i have enough for now.

Needs improvement:
-probably could of stood to have an extra pack of TP (i have 2 months worth as a rule of thumb)
-more red meat and frozen vegetables
-5.56 ammunition
-need to keep two cases of water on hand (i swap it into BOB's)
-Food for the fuzzball
-Power tools
-Improving the offensive capacity of my tribe

Good:
-Medical
-guns/ammo/gear
-attitude
-Food/ baking necessities/ spices
->> do you know how much of a morale booster a pan of hot cookies is?
-Battery logistics (everything uses only three types of batteries)

pants-on-the-ground-shirt.gif

I live in Hurricane country,, I prep all year long, I did buy 186 pounds of lead shot from a ODT member when i was in GA in Feb and 16 pound of powder so i'm good for reloading.
My only mistake was waiting to buy 556 for the new AR being built, found a little but not enough. Guess the AK will have to be the go to..

Haven’t needed anything even with the misfortune of having to move from my dwelling as a result of a sewage disaster in the middle of all this - Pretty much lost everything and apparently my renters insurance won’t cover it because the problem was on the county side

I am fortunate to have several locations and cachets for my preps

My recent listings are a necessity for space in my existing preps for the more essentials

I’ve been prepping since the late 80s and have yet to be caught with my pants down - All things considered I would give myself an A-

If I needed or could add to anything it would be to my cash reserves - And I’m not sure at what point I would ever consider that sufficient

I started mildly prepping around 2013. All the typical stuff. Between then and now, I had allowed my food supply to run short and I had very little water on hand. Especially for 3 people. Luckily I managed to get ahead of the hordes before the shelves went empty and get the essentials for my family. Even enough for possible visitors. I still gave myself a D- over all. Im not going to call this a wake up call for me. More of a reminder. It was however a wake up call for my family members. My dad has never been the type to prep and he’s wishing he had some mountain house food and other supplies now. My wife, who can be quite naive sometimes and generally believes in the good of people now realizes the need for being prepared. Becoming a mother last year has also reinforced that in her. So while I hate that this entire fiasco has taken place, Im glad that my family is all in agreement now. It makes prepping easier as well as conservation of supplies. So how did you fare?
I upgraded my first aid and my meds,got a couple fire extinguisers,emergency fishing gear,and dry goods.

Really confident I have all.. I still wake up in the middle of the night worried about something. That is my nature... It’s amazing when the wife can’t go and get her hair, and nails done now... I don’t look so paranoid after years of adding logistics...

Back
Top Bottom