• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What are you buying on sale?

It's legalized gambling.

A buddy of mine started doing some VERY MINOR day-trading. He told me he had to quit because it felt like it was starting to turn into an addiction of sorts.
You mean like googling tickers all day and following every thread on StockTwits? Been there, done that, and he's right. But I also have an addictive personality.

The 'someones' who are in a position to make money when other people are losing money tend to be people with connections and access to investment opportunities which you're not allowed to participate in.

The SEC (in the USA obviously) typically ensures that unless you have the kind of deep pockets that imply that you're a "sophisticated investor", that you cannot participate in investments such as options, short-selling and other derivitives because you're too ignorant to be allowed to do so either directly or indirectly.

So while every economic environment that will ever exist will create opportunities to make money, you and I are often excluded from them.
Dollar cost averaging over time in a S&P 500 Index Fund has done pretty well for anybody that has done it. If you're looking for the quick hit, you'll be quickly hit. Just saying.

It's legalized gambling.

A buddy of mine started doing some VERY MINOR day-trading. He told me he had to quit because it felt like it was starting to turn into an addiction of sorts.

You mean like googling tickers all day and following every thread on StockTwits? Been there, done that, and he's right. But I also have an addictive personality.
I did during a little in 2020. I made a lot of money ( for a dumb kid throwing darts at a wall) which I eventually lost a lot of it. I can tell you like any addiction when you crash you crash. I almost didn't survive the crash.

Constitutional silver, been buying since it was 2 times face. Quit but held when the Hunt brothers blew it up to 35 or so times face. Started back at 6 times face and still buy. Last buy was 18 times face. Eyeing some at 21 times now.

Silver doesn't rust and it doesn't eat and it doesn't crave attention, it just sits in the safe and waits.

Also heavily invested in physical lead.

Don't follow me, I know nothing and I just do what pleases me.

Back
Top Bottom