• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What are you buying on sale?

Anyone buying T Bills?
yes: the Federal reserve buys them with currency created out of thin air. Then they send them to their primary dealers, each taking a 3% cut either way when fools buy or sell their treasuries. Wait there's more. The treasuries go on the books as a loan and we get to pay it back with taxes and more inflation. Yes, you get buggered at least 2x

remember, when SHTF arrives........ with gold and silver you have a prayer, fiat-currency nothing but air

Watch Warren Buffett, he says do the opposite of what people are doing. When they're panic selling, buy. When they're buying, sell. Only 10% of people actually make money in stocks. If you didn't buy around the 1st of the year, now isn't the time to buy. Stocks are up @ 50% since then.

Watch Warren Buffett, he says do the opposite of what people are doing. When they're panic selling, buy. When they're buying, sell. Only 10% of people actually make money in stocks. If you didn't buy around the 1st of the year, now isn't the time to buy. Stocks are up @ 50% since then.
I hope so, my 401 had crashed.

Anyone buying T Bills?

My latest thing. Had one mature a couple weeks before the possible default. Too close for comfort for what turned into nothingsauce.

Super easy to do online with treasury.gov.

I like the 13-week flavor. You get a good rate w/o having to tie up your cash for long periods of time.

I have a feeling the fed will increase rates again. That's good if you can take advantage of it.

Clark Howard talks about a strategy where you stagger your investments in, I think, two year increments using CDs? I don't have the cash to tie up for that long. I did buy I-Bonds last year and this year. We'll see if they continue to be a good investment based on inflation.

Tons of YT tutorials on how to register with treasury.gov and get into the game. Good luck!

Buffett is completely right. What he neglects to add is that unlike Buffett, the public has no mechanism for influencing government policy.
Yeah I remember he brokered a high yield bond issue he purchased from a railroad company that was fully backed by the US government. I am not sure how many Americans can invest like Buffett and get on the horn to Washington to make that happen.

My latest thing. Had one mature a couple weeks before the possible default. Too close for comfort for what turned into nothingsauce.

Super easy to do online with treasury.gov.

I like the 13-week flavor. You get a good rate w/o having to tie up your cash for long periods of time.

I have a feeling the fed will increase rates again. That's good if you can take advantage of it.

Clark Howard talks about a strategy where you stagger your investments in, I think, two year increments using CDs? I don't have the cash to tie up for that long. I did buy I-Bonds last year and this year. We'll see if they continue to be a good investment based on inflation.

Tons of YT tutorials on how to register with treasury.gov and get into the game. Good luck!
Their website is terrible but it was worth it for the I bonds.

Back
Top Bottom