• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What are you buying on sale?

We are in prison, a financial prison and there is no way out. We just won't get confined if we don't pay. Just think of all the taxes on everything we do, own and make. It's taxing to even think about it. No pun intended.
I see your point but I think it’s a little hyperbolic. Frankly, if I felt like that, I would probably look to live the expat life somewhere long-term.

Economics is primarily a study of human behavior. Human behavior is notoriously resistant to (and largely ignorant of) "New Paradigms".

People will do what they do in pursuit of personal advantage.

One reason to not go expat is that while it may "get bad" here, it'll get at least as bad elsewhere - eventually. The question is whether we as individuals will be around to experience it.

Just saw some guest on CNBC say US Treasury bonds are a ‘’very risky investment right now’’ due to our country’s debt problem. Financial guys know China owns us, we’re dead if they ever call the loans due, instead of just continuing to roll them over. No way we could pay.

Just saw some guest on CNBC say US Treasury bonds are a ‘’very risky investment right now’’ due to our country’s debt problem. Financial guys know China owns us, we’re dead if they ever call the loans due, instead of just continuing to roll them over. No way we could pay.
Shoot, I just rolled over some T bills.....

I think that’s the last thing China would want to do since it would likely result in strengthening of their currency against ours, making it more expensive for Americans to buy Chinese goods. But who knows?

Back
Top Bottom