• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What are your favorite cleaning tools?

CLP/Break free, a copper fouling liquid remover (mostly rifle), brake cleaner, Remington oil (tight tolerance items), R.I.G, stainless gun grease, tooth brush/weapons cleaning brush (GI issue), dental pick-carbon fouling, an assortment of copper bore brushes, assortment of jags using paper towel or cloth, a few worn 5.56 chamber brushes (soft steel/copper) that are used sparingly.

I use weapons cleaning rods mostly aluminum, one coated rod and one .177 brass rod for rifles/handguns and a brass rod for handguns.

I cut old Army brown t-shirts into about 10" squares, folded and soaked them in motor oil 10W-30 etc. and keep them in pistol rugs, gun safes, range bags etc. I use them to wipe down blue steel guns that I don't want pits or rusting. Keeps the blue in excellent shape.

You mean to tell me that none of you rednecks use a can of break cleaner and WD 40???

J/K............lol
I do! LOL

Supertech brake cleaner and a cheap bore brush to get the crud out and then Supertech high temp wheel bearing grease on moving parts. Rem oil on non-moving parts.

I haven't bought "gun" cleaner in years.

Back
Top Bottom