• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What caliber do you carry and why?

.45 Long Colt! Yehaw! No, usually .380 for concealment purposes. I'm tall and slim so it's hard to conceal my G22 or 1911 unless I'm wearing a button up shirt, which is fine in the colder seasons but it's getting warmer now. I can put my ppk/s IWB and wear a T-Shirt and you will never know I have it. I'm gonna miss winter!

Like rock ^ above I can have a hard time concealing a big gun. I normally carry a g27 in a Ryan grizzle southern draw holster(my new favorite holster btw). I like the 40 for it's balance of capacity and power. Splits the difference between 9mm and .45.

If it is T shirt weather then it is the LCP in 380. Better than a sharp stick.

I rarely carry, cause I'm fat, and it's too hard to conceal well. I love My LCP + Critical Defense, cause it's so easy to pocket carry, even with an extra mag. If I do external carry, it's a 24/7 .45 ACP 3" Compact + Winchester 230 gr. Personal Defense, in 2 12 rd. mags. Oh, and as far as the .380 ineffectiveness, just shoot the groin or lower stomach, and/or liver/kidney area. Maximum damage. The shot placement thing. Chest area has too much bone. Hollow point to the groin area is going to discourage pretty much anyone.

I rarely carry because of where I work (college campus). When I do carry it is my Glock 20c with 15+1 hot 180 JHP with federal Hydrashocks. I also carry a tokarev norinco in my back pack at times on campus, I know its a no no but I would rather be armed with a gun than my pocket knife, with a magazine full of Mag safe rounds.

I carry the glock 20c because it forces me to assess any situation due to caliber size, ability to pass through targets if bad shots are made and it fits my hands and conceals under my suit and hoodie jackets very well. I like the idea of a hard hitting gun in an acp format. capacity and devestating ballistics sealed the deal for me here.
The tokarev is a light easily concealable pistol that shoots flat like a rifle and can be multi-purposed in a situation. I can load JHPs, mag safes or steel core rounds pending what I am doing. Ammunition is cheap for it and it shoots consistently and accurately.

9mm, why:

9mm is proven to kill people

I can hold 18 rounds, which is better than 9 rounds of .45 in your 1911 I don't care how hard you argue that, you're wrong.

Quicker follow up shots

Lighter

Cheaper to practice with

Did I mention I can hold 18 rounds?

Last edited:
9mm, why:

9mm is proven to kill people

I can hold 18 rounds, which is better than 9 rounds of .45 in your 1911 I don't care how hard you argue that, you're wrong.

Quicker follow up shots

Lighter

Cheaper to practice with

Did I mention I can hold 18 rounds?

18 rounds to hit the target? I think I am safer on the giving end if Taco is blazing away

Back
Top Bottom