• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What can an MP do in the civillian world?

They explained it as Federal Property, Federal Hwy (U.S 520) on Federal Property (military Post) not just Army property. Same thing though and they got no agrument from me. Just thinking, maybe they have arrest powers on any "Federal " property ??

Should just be the property of whichever service they belong to and where they're stationed. Army MP wouldn't have jurisiction on an Air Force base, i do believe.

They explained it as Federal Property, Federal Hwy (U.S 520) on Federal Property (military Post) not just Army property. Same thing though and they got no agrument from me. Just thinking, maybe they have arrest powers on any "Federal " property ??

MPs have authority granted for specific missions. Even on post, an off duty MP does not have authority outside general military organization and he doesn't even carry a weapon off duty like an LEO does.

The term "Military Police" does not have the same connotation "police department" has. "Law and Order" operations are only one mission tasked to the MP corps and many L&A operations have been outsourced to DOD civilians.

Should just be the property of whichever service they belong to and where they're stationed. Army MP wouldn't have jurisiction on an Air Force base, i do believe.

An SP would have authority to enforce the UCMJ on an Army post if the mission dictated that authority for some reason. For example, if Ft Benning had a shortage of MPs because of deployments, the Air Force could lend some SPs.

The problem isn't the guy carrying cuffs and badge. The problem is that poeple dont like MPs.

I like MPs just fine.

Katrina.jpg

The old guy way past his prime wearing the MP brassard is me.

An SP would have authority to enforce the UCMJ on an Army post if the mission dictated that authority for some reason. For example, if Ft Benning had a shortage of MPs because of deployments, the Air Force could lend some SPs.

Well, yes, but he would have to be specifically tasked. i meant just in general.

Back
Top Bottom