• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What can an MP do in the civillian world?

I was an MP, he would only have jurisdiction on a Military Installation, while on duty. The only exceptions I have run across were at Fort Riley, KS where we would go out and ride along with the Manhattan PD. While out there, we acted with the same authority as the PD. I once had to fly to Benning to pick up an AWOL solider, got to fly armed, good times. Other than that, your buddy is asking to be arrested a could face Civil liabilities.

Without proper certification of the state of which he is trying to do this, (Peace Officers Certification) he is no different than anyone else.

Law enforcement if off duty and out of their jurisdiction are sworn to uphold the law and if they don't react can have their State Certification taken away. A robbery, wreck, or first aid they are required to act.

They can sure stop you (civilian) for speeding, happened to me on U.S 520 (major 4-lane hwy) while going thru Ft. Benning. Nice guys, could have gave me a ticket but instead just a warning and had a ball BSing with each other for a few minutes.

You are subject to the UCMJ and Obama is CINC.

That's true...but I still belong to the state of Georgia. I have to be on Title Ten orders to be considered "federal" military. Regardless of how it's organized, posse comitatus does not apply to me.

Back
Top Bottom