• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What car should I get?

Chevy Tahoe or GMC Yukon. V8, roomy and no bed. My 2004 is running like a top! (And you get to keep your man card.)

I vote 4runner..I just got a "Sport Edition" It has 4wd, a tow hitch, moon roof, jbl speakers and upgraded suspension for on road driving..Plenty of power, solid offroad capabilities and a few cool creature comforts..And there's the unbeatable reliability, low maintenance and resale value..I got a guy in Roswell that deals specifically in 4runners and can hook you up.. He can also find other models too..PM me if you want his info..

Just bought a Volkswagen Jetta wagon turbo diesel. I know it's not the most masculine car, but I love it. Lots of room, 6 speed, and almost 50 mpg on the expressway.

Last edited:
I've considered a 4runner, never thought of an fj

i'd say FJ would be better bet. I personally like the styling more and havent found anything one couldnt tackle plus they have the best resale value of any car period right now. If you dont go suv/truck route then I would suggest WRX. You'll get plenty of room and much more versatility out of your car but still be loads of fun to drive around in!

I had a Volvo a long time ago. Old beater I paid $500 for. Honestly, it was the absolute best car I ever owned.
Worst cars were Mazda and Mitsubishi followed by a VW.
I have been driving a Tacoma since 2006. Really reliable, and very few problems. Plenty of places online to talk with others about working out little problems.

It's tough to make a suggestion without knowing all of your requirements, but I'd definitely suggest getting a car that you could buy without payments. I'm a lover of old Volvo Wagons. Tons of space and utility, extraordinarily cheap to insure, and maintain. Not great on gas, and ugly as **** though....in a good way. :D

If you're a bit mechanically inclined, an older used car might be a good bet.

Don't fall into the trap of feeling like the car needs to be an extension of you. Get what's appropriate, unless you're looking for a fun car..which it sounds like you are not.

My first car was an 88 Volvo 740 Turbo Wagon.

Ugly as sin as you said but that thing was a beast.

i'd say FJ would be better bet. I personally like the styling more and havent found anything one couldnt tackle plus they have the best resale value of any car period right now. If you dont go suv/truck route then I would suggest WRX. You'll get plenty of room and much more versatility out of your car but still be loads of fun to drive around in!
FJs are pretty badass..it would be more sporty and "closer" to the 370..The WRX would be even closer of course, my buddy has one in Vermont..very fun to drive and good in the snow and rain...
Jeeps are cool but just don't hold up like a Toyota. I like the body on frame design of the Toyota too..
If there are several makes you would be happy with just shop around, take your time and find the best deal and don't be afraid to walk...Most dealers and smaller auto sales places will let you take the car for a day to get Checked out..
Another one to consider is the Toyota V6 rav 4 in the sport package..I almost bought one but I wanted the true offroad capacity and truckness of the 4runner, plus I got a great deal on the 4runner..

Last edited:
I will chime in with my $.02

I have a 2011 subaru outback. Prior to the 2011 I had a 2002 outback.

Plenty of room in the trunk, cargo rack up top for mounting kayaks and such. Storage above the spare tire. Yeah, it's a four cylinder but.. Awd, handles corners OK, pretty good with gas. If you do go this route... Look into the 3.6l engine. Has a bit more power and get up and go. I cheaped out with the 2.5 and find that it doesn't have the juice to get up and over inclines from a dead stop.

Just one more thing to consider. Yeah not popular, yeah service is a bit pricey... But I ran my 2002 to 200+k before I decided to upgrade. So they do have long engine life.

Back
Top Bottom