• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What constitutes a "low ball offer"

I once offered a guy a hundred less than his asking price for an AR (we're talking $1150 instead of $1250 so I don't think you can really consider that a lowball).

The response I got, you would have thought I'd asked if I could have my way with his wife.

I once offered a guy a hundred less than his asking price for an AR (we're talking $1150 instead of $1250 so I don't think you can really consider that a lowball).

The response I got, you would have thought I'd asked if I could have my way with his wife.

You might have gotten the wife for $50 more,,,,

That's a good way to find out which people you don't want to met to buy a gun or otherwise.

this again?

LOL I know but....
I didn't start the thread due to receiving one or being accused but I see it more and more on here (no low balls, low ballers will be posted and laughed at, etc) just made me wonder.

Also has a chilling effect in my opinion on offers. I might be interested in an item but might not make an offer because of possible backlash.

All good just stimulating conversation amongst fellow members.

Just curious @ varying opinions. There is an old saying "one mans trash is often another mans treasure" the relevance of that is what is a low ball to one may be a reasonable offer to another.

I'm curious and does it make you mad if someone sends a PM offering less that you are asking?

Happy Independence Day weekend all.

if the going rate for an item is 500 and you have it listed for 500 then 450 is low-ball....if the going rate is 500 and you are priced at 750 then 500 is NOT low-ball :)

I don't mind the art of negotiation...I've gotten some really low ball offers and usually reply with a polite no thanks.

But what REALLY chaps my hide is someone offering less than what I really want, but it's enough money to fund my next desire. So I accept and ask where/when do you want to meet and then they drop off the face of the earth. Meanwhile, I have 2 or 3 more pm's in que and now my hands are tied.

if the going rate for an item is 500 and you have it listed for 500 then 450 is low-ball....if the going rate is 500 and you are priced at 750 then 500 is NOT low-ball :)

This . A used gun even with extras is not worth new retail for the gun and extras . It is now used , you are going to lose the taxes and some hit for use , It does add value if you have pictures of you shooting the gun. Unless it is a PMR in which case while it may be $400 new at CGP it is $550 here to save you the drive .

Back
Top Bottom