• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What do you have that no one else does?

Thanks, the story goes that my Great Great Grandmother kept several in a leather pouch for emergency money but never spent this one and gave it to her daughter (my Great Grandmother) for the same reason. My Great Grandmother was born in 1886, they were both Lakota Sioux and faced a lot of hatred and discrimination.

I hate to hear about the hardships! Was a different time back then...the back story is amazing, especially considering the coin was never lost or spent...

About 20 years ago I personally found this fossilized sea creature ... down in a water well I was helping dig ... about 325 feet (100 meters) down from the surface ... in the middle of sub-Sarahan Africa.

IMG_1835.jpg

Now I ask you... how does a sea creature get buried that far away from the ocean, that far down under the ground? Does anyone know a guy named Noah? :rolleyes:

How about an 1884 Morgan silver dollar that's been in my family since 1884? I'm the fifth generation to possess it, it'll get passed down to the next generation.

View attachment 1824736 View attachment 1824735
You’re not going to believe this....
7010D754-CC78-4DC1-A773-CCA323D089AF.jpeg

B66B0A18-6A28-478E-8BEB-D01ECA3EF413.jpeg

This was my Great Grandfathers....It was his birth year. It has been passed down to the oldest son for four generations....
I’m dead serious, almost identical stories....

About 20 years ago I personally found this fossilized sea creature ... down in a water well I was helping dig ... about 325 feet (100 meters) down from the surface ... in the middle of sub-Sarahan Africa.

View attachment 1824998

Now I ask you... how does a sea creature get buried that far away from the ocean, that far down under the ground? Does anyone know a guy named Noah? :rolleyes:
As a kid went to Sanibel Island and collected buckets full of Sand Dollars on the sand bars. Drop them in a bucket of bleach for a few days and brush them off...That is what that looks like..Fond memories

My mom worked as a translator for the Allied Forces when they liberated Sicily. I have one of her passes for going to and from the military base, and a letter written by the British army requesting assistance for an American citizen. She worked as a translator from August 15th 1943 through June 30th 1944. She was 17 years old.

20181014_150707.jpg
1539545020635330145057.jpg

This hand made wooden chain was fashioned out of a single piece of wood. It has a captive ball in the end, carved while still within the cage on the end. It was made for my great grandfather, a country doctor in Tennessee. The man who made it for him gave it as payment to my great grandfather for giving medical care to the mans family even though he knew that they could not pay him. The man was in jail and had no means of income so he used his time to make this as payment. It’s one of my most valued possessions.
5DFF52F8-EDB7-43B4-B2E8-4610295C7E12.jpeg
A7B4AA9C-6B1F-45B2-ACB1-FEAA89BF1440.jpeg

5F667D78-EBDE-4E5D-9BB7-24A766E63E89.jpeg

I hate to hear about the hardships! Was a different time back then...the back story is amazing, especially considering the coin was never lost or spent...
Yes, times were much different back then. The Indian Wars were still going on when my Great Grandmother was born. I was fortunate to have known her before she passed in 1965. After marrying my Great Grandfather she lived as a white woman, looking back though she did look like an Indian but she stayed indoors a lot and her skin wasn't quite as dark as it was when she was young. My Great Grandfather fought in the Spanish-American War, I have his medals stored away in my safe. The ribbons attached to them are extremely delicate now so I rarely ever get them out.

You’re not going to believe this....
View attachment 1825064
View attachment 1825065

This was my Great Grandfathers....It was his birth year. It has been passed down to the oldest son for four generations....
I’m dead serious, almost identical stories....
Wow! That IS cool geezer geezer ! Our two coins are in nearly identical condition too, they've obviously been taken well care of. But I'm pretty sure my uncle cleaned this one at some point in time, it was never put in a coin case until it became mine.

Back
Top Bottom