• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What do you prefer to carry in Summer? Snub Nose Revolver or Sub Compact Semi?

I don't carry my KelTec P32 much, but it's the only gun I will carry when running (back when I used to run.) It's less than ideal for that, though, because the blued carbon steel rusts like crazy.

They need to make a P32 and P3AT with a stainless barrel, slide, and firing pin, and any other parts that can't be SS should be made of some other metal alloy that doesn't corrode from sweat.

I am hoping Glock comes up with their own P365. I feel seeing how popular the P365 is, it will only be a matter of time. So, I would probably hold off on the Glock 43.

I don't carry my KelTec P32 much, but it's the only gun I will carry when running (back when I used to run.) It's less than ideal for that, though, because the blued carbon steel rusts like crazy.

They need to make a P32 and P3AT with a stainless barrel, slide, and firing pin, and any other parts that can't be SS should be made of some other metal alloy that doesn't corrode from sweat.

I carry my P32 so I don't have to run. LOL

G19 year round also normally. I also have a 43 I can grab with a gear craft holster that I can snap onto my shorts or sweat pants if I run to take the trash out, jogging, ect.

What did you carry it in while running? I keep looking at belly bands or something but can’t imagine sweating even worse than I already do. And pockets the gun just flops around way too much.

1-- in cheap fake suede pocket holster in pocket of my nylon running shorts.
It bounces around, but never fell out while running. But it has fallen out of that pocket while bicycling, but cycling requires you to lift your thighs up higher.

2-- in a zip-open 2-comparment fanny pack.
The pistol was in the main compartment, all by itself.
The smaller compartment held my ID, a $20 bill, and my car key. ( usually I would not even carry my cell phone while running, but nowadays phones are so small I probably would carry that also ).

3-- I gave up on using a clip-on IWB holster due to excessive sweating just drenching the gun. It looked like it had been underwater after a run, with sweat leaking out of the action and leaving a puddle on my dashboard where I'd put it when I got back to my car later.

I used to carry a Kel-Tec PF9. I loved the gun as a carry gun and for such a small 9mm pistol, it was rather pleasant to shoot. I know just what you mean when it comes to rust. I sweat a lot and the Kel-Tec I had looked really bad when I would unholster it at the end of the day to find rust all over one side of the slide.

If I'm wearing pants/shorts with pockets I've got my LCP with me. Even when cutting the grass.

In cooler months I carry a compact 1911 in .45 IWB. I don't typically cut the grass in cooler months 'cause it's Bermuda afterall...
Man, I'm pretty sure most everyone on here are just happy you're wearing pants or shorts....

:boink:

Back
Top Bottom