• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What happened to the Nano?

After a few hundred rounds (124 grain, Lawman) through a Nano with zero issues, here are some observations from an enthusiast's perspective, not a gunsmith: 1) The trigger pull for round one is longer than I would prefer but not anywhere as long as a Keltec PF-9. I'm told that this is typical for "no safety" CCW's. 2) Rounds 2-6 don't feel as long. 3) The body design (ugly or not) delivers on all promises of snag free draws. 4) When firing, the top heavy feel when handling seems to disappear. 5) Fit and finish are high quality. 6) Field stripping is a snap. One screw twist and its apart. Goes back together just as easy. 7) Striker deactivator is a nice feature. 8) My groups are tighter with a Glock 26, but I expect the new magazine extension for the nano will improve groups (finger extension offers more control). 9) Muzzle flip is lighter than the PF-9 and heavier than the 26 (maybe).

if you want to try one, Beretta is sponsoring range time for Nano test drives through Oct 5 according to Beretta's Facebook page.

From my perspective, is a quality weapon and I have no concerns carrying it as a primary CCW, but opinions are like behinds, everybody has one and some are smellier than others.

for what it is worth...

If its a compact, ultra compact, or micro nine and works----shoot it AT LEAST 100 times with no problems, then most of the problems are solved cause most of the ones I've tried simply do not cut it when it comes to functioning. I guess it's looking for the next best thing.
P.S. ----I've given up on the small Kel tecs. Three strikes and you'r out!!!!

They are still selling the nanos and a couple of local ranges are having "test drive" days still .... The nano shoots better and more comfortably than any other 9mm or better pocket gun I've shot. The trigger is long but very smooth and breaks crisp. It's also very accurate. It's worth every cent. It's meant to be "ugly" because it's completely snag free.

I remember when the Nano was released with much fanfare. Beretta really built it up and people were waiting in line to buy them. One local shop had a waiting list.

Fast forward to Friday. I walked in to a local shop and he had two used Nanos for $300 and said they were negotiable. Same thing happened today when I went to two other shops to browse. Both shops had them at the $300-$320 price point and one said to make him an offer.

So, is it the gun itself? The company? what don't people like about them. I think Kyzrzoze said it best when he said "It looks like I asked my 6yr old to draw a picture of a pistol".

Back
Top Bottom