• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What has happened......

Wait..Its not just sellers on here telling lies and scamming folks..

I wont name the member because I fell for it and its my fault..

But a member here contacted me about a gun I had listed a while back and told me a Sob story about my gun being just like the one his poor Uncle Charlie had and it was lost in a housefire years ago...and if I could come down on the price he could buy it and gift it to poor Uncle Charlie as a gift to a Old Man..
But poor Uncle Charlie was on a fixed income and didn't have much money..

This went on for days and days with the member telling me he was just trying to replace some of the items Poor Uncle Charlie had lost in the house fire ..until I finally relented and did Poor Old Uncle Charlie a favor and sold it Cheap..

But then?
You know what happened next?

The buyer relisted the gun within hours of picking it up for $350 more than I sold it for..

When I contacted the buyer he said.."Poor Uncle Charlie died" so he was reselling the collection.

Just further re-inforcement of the "no good deed goes unpunished" mantra. I got bit on a couple of deals in the past when I sold a car to a person with a sad tale.
Now, it's just whatever, go away.

Wait..Its not just sellers on here telling lies and scamming folks..

I wont name the member because I fell for it and its my fault..

But a member here contacted me about a gun I had listed a while back and told me a Sob story about my gun being just like the one his poor Uncle Charlie had and it was lost in a housefire years ago...and if I could come down on the price he could buy it and gift it to poor Uncle Charlie as a gift to a Old Man..
But poor Uncle Charlie was on a fixed income and didn't have much money..

This went on for days and days with the member telling me he was just trying to replace some of the items Poor Uncle Charlie had lost in the house fire ..until I finally relented and did Poor Old Uncle Charlie a favor and sold it Cheap..

But then?
You know what happened next?

The buyer relisted the gun within hours of picking it up for $350 more than I sold it for..

When I contacted the buyer he said.."Poor Uncle Charlie died" so he was reselling the collection.
LOL. Classic whining neckbearding right there.

If a man is as good as his word there should be NO #2. If I offer an item for half it's worth, gun or 3 legged dog, and you say you will take it that item belongs to you in my mind. That is just the way I was raised. I watched my dad loose a bit on occasion and make some most of the time BUT I never once saw him sell an item out from under a buyer or saw him back out on a deal. That is how you can expect me to deal with you, always. There is no #2.

That's how it is supposed to be done. If you're not a man of your word, you are not a man.

I have run into this same thing, several times by those I don't know..Now unless I know you, I tell them Leave feedback and I will leave them positive feed back..If they don't neither do I..

I do the same. Some people ain't got time for feedback.

Sorry, it appear that I offended some with my post according to the PM. I think that the first one with the cash that comes to me wins. If you want it , buy it now not in couple days or next week. You know that most of those don't come through. If you are ready to buy, do it, NOW!

What if the buyer is in Warner Robins and can't make the trip until the weekend? Does your tune change when what you want is two plus hours away?

No, this is NOT "just business". This is a community of folks with shared interests.

Amen brother.

1. I was hoping one of you guys would weigh in. Thx Ken. Your input is actually helpful and helps us to trust the rules.
2. I usually don't like to say "Neg em," but "neg em"
3. Ken: Your obsession with clowns is disturbing. Furthermore, it plain ole freaks me out.
As a physician, may I process a 1013 for you? :)
Hell no. Can’t have weapons if ruled crazy...

Besides I’m more of a 1096 or 5150 kinda guy. LOL

Back
Top Bottom