• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What have I done...My '76 TA

OK, so you got me listening. Which one will work for my engine? Also, will it be a PITA to make the correct height to make my breather and hood scoop work? Is there much difference in the throttle linkage?
I am old and don't do computers well, so if you have a link, I would appreciate it. I guess that Summit would have it.

Ok, so Summit will or should carry the correct carb for your application. Tell them what you are putting it on it should bolt up. Linkage may need a little part swapping but they are pretty good about having everything you need in the box. I would go with a 700cfm for that motor. Or even a 750.

The good thing on the Carter/Edelbrock is the jets and meter rods are removable out the top of the carb. So if you want to re-jet larger/smaller you dont have to remove the carb and disassemble.

Get an electric choke set up of course.

As far as the breather fitting and all, i wouldnt think there would be a problem. They are usually compatible with the q-carbs as far as mount/air filters/stock cables/ect.,

If you are worried about it at all, get a tech on the phone at summit when ordering or chat with someone on line if you go that direction. They will be able to get you GTG.

Mount it, set the choke, set your idle air mixture screws, and forget about it. :)

Back
Top Bottom