• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What have you been reading?

Just started reading "Boone" by Robert Morgan. I'm still in the early stages.

I had read a book about Daniel Boone when I was a teenager and had learned he was generally a humble and overall nice guy. He got a long with most everyone, including the Indians, but you didn't want to get on his bad side.

I saw this book over the weekend and figured I would read a different account and see if my "teenager" impressions were correct. So far, it appears they were correct. He was one hell of an outdoorsman and hunter, and if need be, 100% bad ass.

Just finished T.S. Elliot - The Waste Land
and Russell Osbourne - Journal of a Trapper, which is a
Great read.
Now I'm reading The Rubaiyat By Omar Khayyam.

I am rereading the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. There are 14 thick books in this series but if you like this genre it's one of the very best. In my mind it's far better than the Game of Thrones series that Martin has never finished because he is too busy making money on the TV series.

Just read a couple of Vince Flynn novels. Wow. I really liked American Assassin, and Term Limits, his first book. I see that American Assassin is being made into a movie. Hollyweird will probably screw it up. Have also been reading Jack Reacher novels by Lee Child. Although the Reacher books are supposed to be action packed, they aren't nearly as good as the Flynn novels. I was sorry to see that Flynn died in 2013, so no more novels from him.

If you are att interested in Physics get the "Hidden in Plain Sight" series. These are some of the best alternative physics books I've ever read covering cosmology, relativity and quantum physics.

And when I say 'alternative', I don't mean the author isn't a working physicist with credentials and such, just that he tends to look at things slightly differently than the orthodox viewpoint you get in most books. He thinks outside the box and has a way of explaining things that make some pretty complex subjects seem simple and logical.

Back
Top Bottom