• Business Owner

• Fast food

• Medical field/Doctor

• Police

• Fire

• EMT

• Make tacos

Results are only viewable after voting.
That is something very seldom heard anymore. Preventive Maintenance has gone out the window once companies started hiring "numbers" grads right out of college and making them supervisors.

I agree. When I started here I came because a long time former co worker convinced me to come and straighten out the maintenance department. No P M whatsoever. Downtime was through the roof. Now it is less than 2% downtime. This company is now firm believers in Preventive Maintenance. From scheduled shutdowns for P M to I R's. Has saved and made them a bunch of money.

I agree. When I started here I came because a long time former co worker convinced me to come and straighten out the maintenance department. No P M whatsoever. Downtime was through the roof. Now it is less than 2% downtime. This company is now firm believers in Preventive Maintenance. From scheduled shutdowns for P M to I R's. Has saved and made them a bunch of money.

And so many number crunchers don't see that. But, I've seen so many that are only looking for numbers to get themselves promoted and to hell with the problems that they caused that will show up down the lone. By then, they will in another position and nobody will blame it on the.

And so many number crunchers don't see that. But, I've seen so many that are only looking for numbers to get themselves promoted and to hell with the problems that they caused that will show up down the lone. By then, they will in another position and nobody will blame it on the.

"But, but but.... that (bearing, belt, whatever) works/looks fine! We (I) can't afford to replace it just because it has 100K hours on it."

Back
Top Bottom