• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is on the agenda for 2017?

yeah thats pretty good.

Just got through breaking it all the way down and cleaning back up. Man can't imagine people that don't do that, had some really sticky parts from old cosmoline. On another note.....pretty sure this was fixed up when they rechambered and put it away until now. Unless barrels on these are normally new looking. This one shines bright and not a bit of pitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got through breaking it all the way down and cleaning back up. Man can't imagine people that don't do that, had some really sticky parts from old cosmoline. On another note.....pretty sure this was fixed up when they rechambered and put it away until now. Unless barrels on these are normally new looking. This one shines bright and not a bit of pitting.

Yeah it's hard to tell I have a full length M95 that's is the same way. Perfect bore.

Yeah it's hard to tell I have a full length M95 that's is the same way. Perfect bore.

Yea I want a carbine now. I'll have to keep my eyes open for one. Course from the looks of it on gb , it'll cost me over twice what I gave for this one.

Yea I want a carbine now. I'll have to keep my eyes open for one. Course from the looks of it on gb , it'll cost me over twice what I gave for this one.

Can we ask what you paid (since you ain't sellin)? If it makes you feel better, the last one I saw went for about 3x what I paid for mine.

Tad under $200 with with 60 rounds of ammo (1938 surplus)

That's pretty solid, especially with the ammo. I believe that almost all available surplus ammo in 8x56R is actually stamped as 1938 production. The last M95 I saw was going for $275 and it had me seriously thinking about it - and that was with no ammo, also a Budapest stamped rifle, not a Steyr. You did well for yourself.

Oops 70 rounds I meant. So I think the small sideways stamp means it's birthdate is 1917?
0cdab8a79d91989c880043800dfdb7a9.jpg

Now that it's all cleaned up :-) it's a beauty! Note this pic is pre-clean.
Man that bolt is a tricky sucker until you figure it out.

Oops 70 rounds I meant. So I think the small sideways stamp means it's birthdate is 1917?
Yeah I think so. Most of these rifles were WWI rifles that were cut down, which is why it's rare to see one in original configuration. Purdy rifle.

0cdab8a79d91989c880043800dfdb7a9.jpg

Nice rifle!
I was "humbled" by one of those bolts a couple years ago......finally got it back together but oh man that was strange

Back
Top Bottom