• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is on the agenda for 2017?

Got an email from my wife's uncle a few days ago. He's not a gun guy, and knows I collect guns and asked if I would be interested in a 1918 Lugar that's been in his safety deposit box for the last 20 years. I said oh yea! He probably hasn't looked at it in 20 years but remembered the 1918 date on top and "said" it had SS markings. I'm sure plenty of 1918 Lugars were used in WWII but I'm kinda doubting the SS markings. But either way he's bringing it to the family Christmas get together so I can check it out. He was told 20 years ago it was worth $600. He nor I know much about Lugars and their markings or worth but we're both checking forums for a ballpark value. I sent him some pages from Gunbrokers of completed auctions of sold Lugars. Will hopefully update this in a couple of weeks with a purchase, but not getting my hopes up.

Got an email from my wife's uncle a few days ago. He's not a gun guy, and knows I collect guns and asked if I would be interested in a 1918 Lugar that's been in his safety deposit box for the last 20 years. I said oh yea! He probably hasn't looked at it in 20 years but remembered the 1918 date on top and "said" it had SS markings. I'm sure plenty of 1918 Lugars were used in WWII but I'm kinda doubting the SS markings. But either way he's bringing it to the family Christmas get together so I can check it out. He was told 20 years ago it was worth $600. He nor I know much about Lugars and their markings or worth but we're both checking forums for a ballpark value. I sent him some pages from Gunbrokers of completed auctions of sold Lugars. Will hopefully update this in a couple of weeks with a purchase, but not getting my hopes up.

Thats something to look forward to!

Yes please do share an update we would like to see that beauty!

Fingers crossed for you!

Didn't make my list for some reason, but picked up a sweet little m95 steyr this past weekend. Nonimport marked, and 70 rounds of ammo from 1938. Got a great price on it.
And what luck. Look for dies on FB and some guy had a set of lees, unopened brass and 200 projectiles and sold it to me for a song.
Reminds me of my 7.35 carcano, next day found a guy selling 2k pulls :-)
Now to clean this m95 and get it to the range. Pulled it apart tonight, forgot I'm out of mineral spirits :-( but the Cosmo on it, barrel looks pretty pristine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't make my list for some reason, but picked up a sweet little m95 steyr this past weekend. Nonimport marked, and 70 rounds of ammo from 1938. Got a great price on it.
And what luck. Look for dies on FB and some guy had a set of lees, unopened brass and 200 projectiles and sold it to me for a song.
Reminds me of my 7.35 carcano, next day found a guy selling 2k pulls :-)
Now to clean this m95 and get it to the range. Pulled it apart tonight, forgot I'm out of mineral spirits :-( but the Cosmo on it, barrel looks pretty pristine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much of a song for the dies brass and projectiles? The brass is hard to come by I have all I will ever need buy for some reason I always want more.

Back
Top Bottom