• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is the dumbest thing you've seen/heard in a gun shop?

Dumbest things heard in a gun shop:

1-- The sound of the shotgun being pumped will scare away the intruders.
(maybe, maybe not. But if not, that gun (which was chamber-empty) only holds 5-7 rounds.)

2-- Get a shotgun, because they're simple to operate.

(A break-open, exposed hammer gun, yes. Not a semi-auto or pump. THey are just as complicated as a semi-auto carbine. You have to learn your gun and practice with it.)

3-- You can't shoot an intruder outside your house. But, if nobody is looking, you can drag their body across your door's threshold and make it "legal." ( ! ? ! ? )

4-- You don't need a permit to carry openly, as long as you don't conceal it
(if this were ever true, it hasn't been since 1910 in Georgia.) (Unless you're talking about "carrying" on your own property or in your own home, which was always legal without a license, BUT which, until the 1990s, may not have been legal if the weapon were concealed.)

Dumbest things heard in a gun shop:

1-- The sound of the shotgun being pumped will scare away the intruders.
(maybe, maybe not. But if not, that gun (which was chamber-empty) only holds 5-7 rounds.)

2-- Get a shotgun, because they're simple to operate.

(A break-open, exposed hammer gun, yes. Not a semi-auto or pump. THey are just as complicated as a semi-auto carbine. You have to learn your gun and practice with it.)

3-- You can't shoot an intruder outside your house. But, if nobody is looking, you can drag their body across your door's threshold and make it "legal." ( ! ? ! ? )

4-- You don't need a permit to carry openly, as long as you don't conceal it
(if this were ever true, it hasn't been since 1910 in Georgia.) (Unless you're talking about "carrying" on your own property or in your own home, which was always legal without a license, BUT which, until the 1990s, may not have been legal if the weapon were concealed.)

We must have been in the same gun stores at the same time.

A lot of people say the sound of shotgun pumping will scare the intruder away (coworker told customers the same thing).
Coworker and customer we're talking about how it was okay to carry a gun with an empty chamber because you can quickly chamber a round.

A falling bullet that was straight into the air will be falling at a similar speed it was when you shot it.
A 22lr shot straight into the air came back down, penetrated the roof of a church next door, and killed one of the members.

Had to convince a guy to buy 380 for his semi-auto pistol instead of 38spl.

Showing a couple some handguns. Guy was telling his wife how the SCCY was EXACTLY like a Glock. When I tried to very nicely explain some of the differences he told me something like, "I know what I'm talking about. I've been researching the company for years."

Clerk at a store that used to advertise that it was the largest gun store in the Southeast. Told a little old lady that

(a) You can change gauges on a Mec shotshell reloader, and

(b) You could reload steel shot on a Mec shotshell reloader using the same components as lead, no problem.

I usually don't get involve in these conversations, I figure misinformation will come back to bit the store in the butt. In this case, some nice people had a very good possibility of getting hurt, so I waited until she moved on, then told her that the clerk was totally full of ****, and his advice could get her husband killed.

Back
Top Bottom