• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What is the dumbest thing you've seen/heard in a gun shop?

Best thing I ever heard was a guy who said he carried a 1911 on his hip but ALWAYS has a j frame in an ankle holster "cause i ain't dying' on the crapper" and his Brooklyn accent just made it perfect. Every time I ankle carry I think of him.

You can't read any price tags at Chuck's on used guns....they've long ago faded so badly that they are illegible.

Truer words have never been spoken. I used to see guns in there for YEARS. Same ol same ol.

I would steer people away from Chuck's for a multitude of reasons when I lived in Houston County. I actually nick named it "Suck's" for awhile.

Best thing I ever heard was a guy who said he carried a 1911 on his hip but ALWAYS has a j frame in an ankle holster "cause i ain't dying' on the crapper" and his Brooklyn accent just made it perfect. Every time I ankle carry I think of him.

You know those crapper shoot outs are common......

A kid in Indian took a "BRUSH SHOT" at a deer during the Hoosier deer season. What asked what he said he repeated it. I knew what he meant but I wanted to hear him say it, so I asked, now sounding like I could be a family member of his. He proceeded to PROUDLY explain that there was "SOMETHING" moving through the brush and he shot at it.
I couldn't resist..... So I asked. "What was it"? the response I don't know.

3 years ago while visiting family. (not in a gun shop) a friend of my sisters who apparently has all of the same hobbies I do tells me a tall tale. Now, I just met this guy and within hour he starts to tell me how he went to a tag sale he found an ammo can with an MP-40 lower, Nazi in un-issued condition. Then proceeds to tell me he later found the barrel assy and bought it for cash. He then goes on and tells me its in his gun safe, its cool, doesn't know how to sell it because its illegal. Now remember he 's supposed to be a gun guy too. In just a few minutes he's asking if I'd like to see and maybe buy it.

My answer to him was I don't want to know about it. Now mind you I traveled almost 800 miles, never met this guy in my life, and in 10 minutes we're best friends dealing in illegal class 3 weapons,,, NOT!!! I later told my sister her good friend is a Fed. She blew me off. Then months later she calls me "for Him" then he calls me and want s to know if I would know anyone who might want to by his pretty un-issued MP-40.

SUUUUURREEEEEE!!!!!! I'll fence that for you, just call me Randy Weaver. Of course now I'm on the phone listening to this guy, and I basically told him good luck and good buy.

FYI: I'm pretty sure a MP-40 Lower won't fit in a ammo can. But Now like then, I really don't care.

3 years ago while visiting family. (not in a gun shop) a friend of my sisters who apparently has all of the same hobbies I do tells me a tall tale. Now, I just met this guy and within hour he starts to tell me how he went to a tag sale he found an ammo can with an MP-40 lower, Nazi in un-issued condition. Then proceeds to tell me he later found the barrel assy and bought it for cash. He then goes on and tells me its in his gun safe, its cool, doesn't know how to sell it because its illegal. Now remember he 's supposed to be a gun guy too. In just a few minutes he's asking if I'd like to see and maybe buy it.

My answer to him was I don't want to know about it. Now mind you I traveled almost 800 miles, never met this guy in my life, and in 10 minutes we're best friends dealing in illegal class 3 weapons,,, NOT!!! I later told my sister her good friend is a Fed. She blew me off. Then months later she calls me "for Him" then he calls me and want s to know if I would know anyone who might want to by his pretty un-issued MP-40.

SUUUUURREEEEEE!!!!!! I'll fence that for you, just call me Randy Weaver. Of course now I'm on the phone listening to this guy, and I basically told him good luck and good buy.

FYI: I'm pretty sure a MP-40 Lower won't fit in a ammo can. But Now like then, I really don't care.
Hell, I would've went and looked at it. They can't do **** to you until you buy it.

Back
Top Bottom