What is the most remote woods or forest in GA

Wife and I got to canoe through the Okeefanokee way back in 1970. Newly weds and arguing about the 'gators swimming and bumping the canoe. Not a good afternoon. We've laughed about it for 47 years now. Wasn't funny then!

Sent from here to there by me using smoke signals

Lots of gators for sure!!

You are on the east coast. There is no land out here as remote as you want to find these days. Some of it may seem that way but it probably still sees good foot traffic especially in certain seasons.

Last thing I wanted to do was hang around and take pics at a meth lab 30 miles from nearest civilization. Propane burners, miscellaneous pots, clothing scattered around...looked recently used. Hair on back of my neck stood up...felt like crosshairs on my back.
Locals had already warned us to get the hell out of there if we walked up on a lab as there had already been shootings. Local cops won't even go looking for them without state/fed help cause them meth cookers are crazy dudes.
So no, I didn't play tourist and stick around to snap photos.

pics or it didnt happen[/QUOTEast

Curious what is the most remote forest in GA that some one in this forum has been to? Remote as in no signs of humans ever was there, very hard to get to, or seems very untouched from mankind. Thanks
I would go to Cohutta in North Ga. It has camping but to get up the mountain we used to take mule and pack in and hunt, you will be by your self if you are adventurous.

Thinking "wow, I might be the first person ever to be here "
Then a mile further in you'd see a beer can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have found this proverbial beer can many times, even in the Yukon Territory. It usually has at least one .357 hole in it. Drunks like to explore too!

Back
Top Bottom