• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is the toughest rifle case?

The Stoic Noble

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
12   0
Reaction score
Which do you think is the toughest both inside and out? I'm looking for a case with an uncut foam insert so I can customize it to my own weapons. It needs to be strong enough to survive serious abuse. I'm thinking about the Pelican Vault and Pelican Protector but I'm open to other suggestions.

You should check out Nanuk Cases.... I have a few and they are super tough and the latches are superior to Pelican. Nanuk even has TSA lockable latches available. I put a set on the case I use for my camera gear. They even offer some custom foam cutouts.

A used Pelican anything plus some “customized” foam will be good. Not saying that’s the best but I have used a lot of Pelican cases. They hold up pretty well. Every once in while someone will thin the herd and sell some off at a good discount.

I’ve put some Pelican Storm cases through some hell. Never had the contents damaged. The Storm line comes from the old Hardigg case company that Pelican bought. Hardigg made a lot of cases for the military to protect sensitive equipment and the like.

When I fly to Montana every year, I check a hard case with 3 firearms, an expensive scope, a suppressor, ammo, knives, etc. I use a Pelican Storm.

On my old SWAT Team, I was issued an SKB case for my sniper rifle. Was rear-ended by a DUI one night on I-75. Totaled my cruiser, and my HS Precision HTR-2000 sniper rifle was in the trunk. Fire department had to cut the trunk apart to get the case out.

The case was cracked, but the rifle and scope appeared unharmed. Took it to the range the next day, and it was still zeroed.

I called SKB, and sent them a copy of the accident/incident report. They sent me a brand new case free of charge, with a shipping label to send the old case back. Excellent customer service.

I have an Americase
It’s indestructible
But I don’t think they’re in business anymore

I have Pelican and SKB cases. I think the SKB double rifle case I have is heavier than the Pelican double. Whether that means it's tougher or not has yet to be tested by me, but I feel that it is.

Back
Top Bottom