• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What is wrong with me?

Haha! You must want to be obstinate, because a S&W will take a beating!

Back when I was a kid we had a bunch of S&W .44s we got tired of having to beat the pins back into them after 100 rounds. We switched to Rugers the first was a super blackhawk and it shaved the copper jacket off the bullet when fired. It was sent back to ruger and had to have the cylinder replaced because the timing was cut wrong. The last three rugers I have owned locked up after about 250 rounds and they were thoroughly cleaned after each trip to the range some portion of the action failed causing the action to seize up and the cylinder would no longer turn and the hammer locked up. Colt is no better than S&W when it comes to revolvers the pins work themselves out after a few hundred rounds and gradually get worse over time. Then after a thousand or so rounds they all start to develop play in the lock up and timing.

MGill you started this thread. You were nice enough to not be offended by me hi-jacking the thread and I do appreciate it. There is one model that I have not posted. It has by far the worst finish of any Smith I own. It has been nickeled, and not at the factory. It is scratched, and it is a little, but just a little, loose. But given its age, I will let that slide. This is my 38/44 I acquired from a member of this site. It is an N frame that only shoots .38s.

i50.tinypic.com_2vwixxx.jpg

Nickel with Elk Horn Bone stocks.....Grashorn I believe......It gets no better than that!

Back when I was a kid we had a bunch of S&W .44s we got tired of having to beat the pins back into them after 100 rounds. We switched to Rugers the first was a super blackhawk and it shaved the copper jacket off the bullet when fired. It was sent back to ruger and had to have the cylinder replaced because the timing was cut wrong. The last three rugers I have owned locked up after about 250 rounds and they were thoroughly cleaned after each trip to the range some portion of the action failed causing the action to seize up and the cylinder would no longer turn and the hammer locked up. Colt is no better than S&W when it comes to revolvers the pins work themselves out after a few hundred rounds and gradually get worse over time. Then after a thousand or so rounds they all start to develop play in the lock up and timing.

OK bypass. You stated your opinion. If you are looking to argue, I will "bypass" that offer. Your money can be well spent on other types of guns that you deem not to be "junk". There are plenty of other fine guns out there that I am sure will meet with your approval. Buy what you want, I do not care. Why should you?

OK bypass. You stated your opinion. If you are looking to argue, I will "bypass" that offer. Your money can be well spent on other types of guns that you deem not to be "junk". There are plenty of other fine guns out there that I am sure will meet with your approval. Buy what you want, I do not care. Why should you?

I don't. Nice eye candy is about all I can say about shiny revolvers. Til it breaks. Then I say junk. I am going to start a glock sucks thread in a minute if you want to join up.:thumb:

Thanks again bypass, but no I will not be joining in. I happen to like Glocks, M&Ps, Sigs, Kimbers, Colts, Springfields, RIAs you name it. Glad you found a thread that you can enjoy.

Thanks again bypass, but no I will not be joining in. I happen to like Glocks, M&Ps, Sigs, Kimbers, Colts, Springfields, RIAs you name it. Glad you found a thread that you can enjoy.

Just messing with you guys. I had a bad day at the range waited for two hours just to spend 10 minutes on the line sighting in a scope. Watching D-bags sit there for hours plinking with their 22s on the bench rests and taking pictures of themselves having a good time while 10 people were waiting behind them.

mtgldr, what model is that slabside M&P? Both are great looking, but I like that slabside! Is that the TR8?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom