• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

WHAT IS YOUR COMPETITION RIFLE SET UP? ( HIGH POWER MATCHES)

IMG_4804.PNG

One like this ( I don't have a picture of mine handy ).

Springfield M1A, National Match, 7.62 x 51, circa 1985.
Since I sometimes hunt deer with it, and sometimes shoot it scoped, it's got a leather cheek pad that I leave on the stock all the time now. That gives me solid cheek weld.

The sling is a G.I. cotton web sling which seems to work just fine.
I keep telling myself one day I'll get a Turner Saddlery leather shooting sling but I haven't done that yet ---but give me some time; I've only owned this rifle for 31 years.

P. S. although the gun is very accurate, the cheap old military surplus ammunition I usually fire through it is not .
When I use federal gold medal match with the 168 grain Sierra match King bullets then it really shines. But I can't afford to feed a regular diet of that stuff.

Years ago when I was shooting high power I had a compass lake national match service rifle. I am building a match rifle down the space gun and will post pics asap.waiting on just a couple of parts.not entirely sure I'll still shoot across the course but I do want to shoot to reduce match up at Riverbend

Ever shoot criterion, Wilson or Douglas barrels? How is that begara?

No...It's a good barrel. I can get close to 1 moa with some cheap plinking ammo and it's well below 1 moa with a developed handload. Since there's irons on it, and I don't bench it, I never come anywhere close to its potential.

It was in the $200 range, was an honest match barrel as opposed to all these cheaper guaranteed things everyone is selling.

What Barrel length? I assume 20" Yep, 20" AR Stoner 223 wylde 1/8

What Lower? ( does it matter? ) PSA, and not really, just use a regular forged lower and you will be just fine.

What Upper? Factory? Low end High end? Built by me. Receiver is an older Bushmaster A2 (regular A2 aperture), RRA free float NM A2 handguards. windage adjustable A2 FSB with NM sized sight post. A1 flash hider.

BCG? Older PSA premium

Trigger? Hand stoned std AR trigger. Breaks right around 4.5lbs

Optics? Ha.....no

Irons? Yep, A2, see above.

Sling? At the moment, nope.

IMG_4870.JPG

Back
Top Bottom