• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What makes this worth $65000? I don't get it.

There may be a speed bump near the cul-de-sac in the neighborhood they have to get over and you never know when you will need to lock it in 4 Low to get that load of mulch home from Lowe’s. Jeep knows how to play to inferiority complexes.

I guess you guys wont be buying the new $90,000 Jeep Cherokee Trackhawk?

What? You DON'T need an SUV that can go 190 mph?

zzzzzz2018-jeep-grand-cherokee-trailhawk_100643043_l.jpg

What makes the new version of the 1980s Jeep Scrambler a $65K vehicle?

1-- Free market capitalism.. The price they charge is what consumers are willing to pay.

2-- The economy is good , so more people can afford to buy what they want.

3-- Even people who can't really afford to drop that much money on a car will still buy one. Clark Howard and Dave Ramsey be damned.
With the economy looking good and home equity letting people take second mortgages or HELOC loans, plenty of Americans are back to blowing their money foolishly, saving little, and living an extravagant lifestyle while they're young, to hell with planning for retirement or leaving a good inheritance for the kiddos.

I'd rather have a Honda Ridgeline AWD (all wheel drive) for $29,900.
Half the price. I'm not going to do any serious off-roading with it, so the AWD should be enough to drive down a gravel or mud trail to the hunting property or the campsite in the national Forest.

I was interested until I went and saw the price . . . Laughed and walked out, went and bought a new Titan instead (more truck and much better warranty for half the price).

Back
Top Bottom