• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What The Heck is Wrong With Glock 19 Gen 5???

The Gen 5 19 is by far the worst Glock 19 made by Glock. I have owned every generation and loved them all until the Gen 5. The original Gen 5 has the half moon cut which dug into your hand and the current one has a stupid bump that cramps you hand.

I have divested all things Glock 19 and moved to a 19X and 17.

That’s just my opinion though. The 19 is still a VERY popular gun even in Gen 5. It’s just not for me.

I prefer my previous generation Glocks to the Gen 5's. I dont know why

All of you, experts in Glocks, what the hell is going on?
Everybody that buys the new Glock 19 Gen 5, they are selling it right about when they live the store! Don't even try it ...
Just today, I have seen maybe THREE adds here on ODT.

Very interesting... I bought one from a great guy here on ODT, and he sold me his one almost after leaving the store... NEVER shot it, but didn't like it...

You guys that are giving up on your brand new ones, tell us, What the hell is going on? :confused2: :confused2: :confused2: :noidea::noidea:
He made 200.00 off of you.. that’s why

OttoMan OttoMan

My $.02, and not in a sarcastic pot stirring tone. A legitimate observation of why.

The Gen 5 slide finish is similar to having some clp or other oil on your hand and trying to rack the slide, while it’s a very nice finish, it is extremely slippery even with a dry hand.

For the previous generations you either got a 17 or a 19 as the only two options for duty size (not including 17L and 34) either getting capacity at the cost of length or compactness at the cost of capacity. Now with the Gen 5 you can have a Glock 45/19x and that’s the happy medium everyone always wanted, so no more compromise.
I gave up my 19 for a 19x since I got best of both. However the 19x is considered a Gen 4.5

I am an outlier it seems, as I prefer no finger grooves, that’s another denominator in the Gen 3/4 vs Gen 5, once again the 19x fit that preference for me.

The 19x shoots and feels like a 34, but handles like a 19. They accomplished that with the tighter lockup on the barrel to slide, better barrel with recessed target crown, and a 1/4in longer recoil spring assembly than the normal 19’s. If you haven’t shot one, you should.

I neither love or hate the Glocks. I’ve wanted to like them since their inception. And yes, I’m old enough to remember the gun world before Glocks. Everyone I’ve owned/shot pinched my hand between the thumb and forefinger until I eventually got a blister. Now, I do have small fat hands and maybe that’s why. Don’t know. I do know waiting on that sharp pain as you’re squeezing the trigger effects your accuracy and is just plain stupid. Maybe the Gen5 is even worse than previous models.

Back
Top Bottom