• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What type of permit do I need that will allow me to carry in all states?

Status
Not open for further replies.
From experience SC is ok if you have it in the console or glove box. I was pulled over and my buddy had hid my pistol under the seat while on a job. Almost went to jail. But long story short SC officer said keep it in the console or glove box and you will be ok.

Are you a fan of the federal government dictating to states what is legal and not?

Read the 10th Amendment.

I understand the 10th ammendment, Am I a fan ? I know where you are headed with this and my answer is hell no, I'm not a fan.
I just have a hard time understanding why each state has their own laws concerning carrying a weapon. These are the United States are they not?

I understand the 10th ammendment, Am I a fan ? I know where you are headed with this and my answer is hell no, I'm not a fan.
I just have a hard time understanding why each state has their own laws concerning carrying a weapon. These are the United States are they not?

As long as SCOTUS supports "permits" for exercising The 2nd, The 10th must apply.

I understand the 10th ammendment, Am I a fan ? I know where you are headed with this and my answer is hell no, I'm not a fan.I just have a hard time understanding why each state has their own laws concerning carrying a weapon. These are the United States are they not?
Unfortunately, not so united these days.,,

Federalism.

The federal government was never meant to be God. The founders wanted an inherently weak federal government and felt the states should govern themselves with a few caveats such as national defense.

I totally understand what you are saying. All I am saying is, I just think there should be "some" unity and reciprocations among the states whether it be carry permits or whatever.
I am a VET. My fingerprints are already in a DOD and DOE national database. My background is clear.

Scenario: GA takes my fingerprints for a carry permit and does a background check. If my background check is good in GA then it should be good enough in all states and my fingerprints won't change when I go across the state line. Why should I not carry with or without a permit?
Why should I not have the right to protect myself or my property no matter where I am in the US?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom